• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wounded Deer at work - what to do- .227 took him out.

ddp

I pulled into the parking lot today at work in Golden Valley and noticed a deer in the woods. A buck looks like it was hit by a car. Gimping around. His antlers were all broke up. He is still laying there (it's been 3 hours). Stands up every once in a while to lick his wounds. Do I just let him follow his course or would you call the police or DNR??

Feel bad for it. From the looks of it a broken front leg and wounded rear quarter.

A friendly peace officer took care of him. The right call. The buck wasn't very healthy. If you can get here in an hour, the office left his card to issue a tag smile Wow, big mature deer with some crazy horns.

Thanks for the advice.

LOL...

Needless to say, some of the female co-workers didn't like to hear the shots.

I think one of the warehouse guys is going to take it.

The kicker is I just took a co-worker out there and not 2 feet away from the dead dear there was an even bigger buck making a scrape. I couln't beleive my eyes. 12 pointer, heavy heavy mass. Got within 20 yards of it. Went running into the Tennant property. Boy I wish I had my camera phone.

They have a better chance in the city with no one shooting at them!! Just have to watch out for cars.

I'm just West of you and I watched a big buck all day one day a couple years back. It was cool because we could look down on him all day while he sat with this doe. The one I watch was a real nice 10 pointer with an impressive rack but probably not AS big as the 12 you are describing.

Just curious, do you work at General Mills? In 2004, when I moved to Minnesota, I lived in a townhouse right by General Mills (just SE of 169 and Medicine Lake Road). There was a wilderness area there where I saw deer. If I renember right, the General Mills parking lot bordered this area.

on this same subject my buddy is working on posting a pic of a 12 pointer taken from his front door south of 252 on brookdale. His townhouse borders a little city park, that thing is huge. Years ago I lived in fridley and there is that nature preserve by the railroad tracks there east of East River Road, can't tell you the huge deer you could see in and around there.

I the buddy of yopaulypinkfloyd. My wife took that pic. The next night he was about 15 feet from my front door. I went out to walk the dog and as soon as we stepped out the door, we slowly stepped back in. I couldn't get another pic though.