• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New 160 gb ps3

Scott K

It mostly depends what you are going to be using it for. If it’s strictly a gaming machine, that is way overkill.

The advent of large hard drives is a direct result of “modders” copying the entire game onto the hard drive and having a complete library of games right on the hard drive, which by the way Is technically legal, but only if you own the game wink.

I’m not sure how the PS3 is handling their network services or what they are offering, but Microsoft has a large number of movies, TV shows, and even full length games to download, so if you plan on doing that then it might be worth it.

I don’t even know the size of my HDD in my 360, but I know I’ve barely used any of the space and not only that, but it will interface with my home network, so I don’t really need to store picture or videos on it.

What I’m trying to say is that HDD size for gaming is kind of overrated. IMO

Well you probably won't use the extra space anyway. Plus what a ripoff. An 80GB laptop 2.5" HD will cost you $50. You can get the same in 160GB for $60. There's no reason for them to charge that much. The business end is they probably have a stockpile of 80GB drives they need to move, because memory (in most medias) these days is practically free.

Ya, I am going to just get the 80 gig, I want to play the ps2 games on it. I still have some ps1 games that my kids like to play, can you play the ps1 games on the 80gig ps3?

Not unless you get an older PS3 all the Newer ones produced now are NOT BACKWARDS COMPATABLE from my understanding.