Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DonBo

I Scored This Morning!

12 posts in this topic

I have seen a bunch of turkeys while bowhunting the metro area but haven't been able to get a shot. With just one day left in the season I decided to break out the 870.

There were only a few roosting near me but they flew across the road onto a farm that I don't have permission to hunt. I have seen them do this before and usually some come back into my pine plantation. I set up as close as possible to them and called every so often. Finally, here they come! About 10, all toms. These weren't the BIG ones I've seen in here, but hey...one day left.

This is the first one that gave me a clear shot. 17 lbs, 6 oz. 7" beard. 5/8" spurs.

My first Minnesota fall turkey.

DSC01812.jpg

They didn't seem to mind the blaze orange one bit.

Good work DonBo! Nice bird.....never apologize for a fall bird! They can come easy, but most of the time I find it more difficult than spring hunting.

Joel

great bird!! I saw 10 birds out deer hunting in an area where their hasnt been bires before

Way to go Don! Pull out the 'ol 870 and get some revenge. Great picture - love the rub in the background.

Thought someone would appreciate the rub. Photo was a self portrait - timer on my point and shoot, not bad huh?

Great job Don and great photo as well!

Brian

Nice work Don. Great story and nice to see you connected. No cherry picking for fall Toms, that's for sure.

Way to go Donbo!!!

Way to go Donbo.

I agree that no one should apologize for getting a turkey. Just getting in range is tough let alone making the shot.

Congrats on a hard-earned bird.