• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

COLEMAN FOCUS 5

7outof10

Question

i have this heater and when i lite it just a big flame comes out about 5 ins high what is worng? there are no holes in the mantle thing

www.cgi.[YouNeedAuthorization].com/COLEMAN-FOCUS-5-PROPANE-RADIANT-HEATER-3-500-5K-BTU_W0QQitemZ350121385126QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item350121385126&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A2%7C240%3A1318

sorry i was not able to post the pic but that is the link to one just like it

5 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure they no longer make the Focus 5. I've got a couple of buddies that have them and they like them. I think they were dangerous for some reason so be careful. The ones my buddies have, have been through the wringer and still continue to work, very durable.

I own a focus 5 as well. It has been the best heater I have ever owned. It works perfect for my single man fish trap. The only downer is trying to find replacement parts if something goes out. I read some articles about them giving off too much CO2, hoever in a small portable you don't really have to worry about venting issues. I'm glad you got it working again.

CA

I'm pretty sure they no longer make the Focus 5. I've got a couple of buddies that have them and they like them. I think they were dangerous for some reason so be careful. The ones my buddies have, have been through the wringer and still continue to work, very durable.

There was a lawsuit, 2 people died in a tent w/o proper ventilation. I got one, love it, problem for me was the front half of the "bulb" came off of the business end of the burner assembly, it will still give off heat, but not very efficient, coleman does not sell the burner assembly even though they list it on their HSOforum. I've tried using different wire to create the "mesh" bulb, but so far have failed to get it to last. I would guess some place has a high temp screening material that would be similar to what coleman used to make them, but I have no idea who would sell it, especially in a small quantity.