• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fiance's First Deer

huntingislife

Saturday morning my finace was able to get her first deer ever! I recently bought her a bow as she was interested in shooting. She decided she wanted to come with us to ND for rifle season to try to arrow one. I knew it would be a little tougher this way but figured there was a chance. Saturday morning we set up on the corner of mature cottonwoods, corn, and a thick tree planting. All seperated by fire breaks. Luckily with all the snow that fell I was able to make a decent ground blind out of a 3 foot snow drift. About 15 minutes after we could shoot a doe starts working her way directly toward us. She makes it all the way to the edge of the trees in front of us meanwhile keeping a watchful eye on us. At this point she is only 10 yards away and decides that she wants nothing more of this situation. She turned around and took a few steps back into the trees and stopped broadside in an opening. Meanwhile my fiance drew and shot after the deer had stopped. She made a perfect shot! She double lunged the deer and it only went 40 yards. I think I was more excited than she was. It couldn't have worked out any better.

CIMG0440.jpg

Thats awesome. Looks like a nice doe and a great morning to be out. Love the pictures of all the new hunters that are getting deer this year. Seems to be more than normal. Really appears to be more women in the outdoors. I'd love to get mine to hunt, but its not her thing...

Great Job!

Hopefully I can get my wife to take an interest in bowhunting in the future. It would be a great way spend time together. With jobs and other stuff, it's difficult to find a hobby we both can enjoy together. Congrats to your fiance getting her first deer.

Man, you have totally screwed yourself on this one. Hunting is when a guy can be alone and solve the worlds problems - getting away from the wife :)Now, the wife will be out hunting and you have to stay home to take care of the kids smile

Kidding - well done - and congratulations!

thats rockin dude, im workin on gettin my fiance out bowhunting, I got her into gander a couple times, but shes pretty weak, pulling back the min and struggling.. I got her on the weights tho, she wants to get out, hoprfully next year...congarts to her on the doe, sure looks like a dandy, and congrats to you on baggin a dandy yourself huntingidlife....best of luck