• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pheasant with bow?

Is it legal to take a pheasant with a bow and arrow. No where in the regs do i see anything with bow and arrow. I had the same question about geese earlier in the year and yes it was legal to take geese with a bow. Ended up getting 7 so far this year what a rush. Starting to see all the roosters huddled up under evergreens and on corners of some land i have permission for. Gun is just to easy to do.

I am 99.99% sure that it is legal. The 0.01% of not being sure is simply because you are asking the question. I am pretty sure I have heard of people hunting pheasants with a bow and trying to take them in flight.

I miss enough with a gun, I do not need the extra challenge.

I normally have a smallgame lic & stamp when I deer hunt and carry 2 flu flus with blunts,In the evenings on woods edges when pheasants come to roost, I'd get a few.This year I didn't get a smallgame lic. But I've had the most birds walk up on me hunting a different area sparcely treed.

Dont see deer but lots of birds!

I think this year they made it so ANYONE small game hunting must be wearing some blaze orange. So it might not be a good idea to have blunt tips in your quiver if you aren't wearing orange.
UMM Didn't think of that?? I'll have to bring my blaze stocking cap next year.

Page 30 of the regs:

Small Game Seasons: You may not take small game unless a

visible portion of at least one article of clothing above the waist is blaze orange, except when hunting wild turkeys, migratory birds, raccoons, predators, when hunting by falconry, or while trapping.