• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I cured my "Itch" this morning!!

I got up at 5:15 this morning to make it out to the stand early as the deer are in full rut in our area. As I was driving out it was a mixture of sleet and freezing rain so the weather was a little crumby but the deer don't care. I made it out to the stand in good time and it was covered in ice and creaked as I crawled up and got settled in. Right around daylight a nice doe and 2 fawns appeared on the trail but took the fork off it instead of coming my way. Then around 7:15 a buck popped out of the foxtail grass, which I never seen him until he stepped out. He got on the right trail, but was checking out every blade of grass on the way in search of a scent from a doe. He stopped in my shooting lane at about 25 feet, but was facing my way. The wind was in my favor and the rain started falling harder. He looked back and I drew on him. As I drew the ice that formed on my bow cracked off and fell but he did not hear me with all the noise from the rain. He then turned back my direction and took a few more steps, but still no shot. Something got his attention to turn around which gave me a nice quartering away shot, which I quickly relaeased after holding for about 5 minutes. The arrow looked like it hit a little low and he ran about 30 yards, stopped, and looked back my way, wobbled a little and tipped over. He then got back up and tried to run but fell about 10 feet further and it was lights out and was rolling around kicking. After the shot all that happened in about 3 minutes. I knew that he was done. I then drove home and changed clothes to keep my hunting camo from getting covered in blood, and grabbed a few things needed. When I arrived back out in the woods I found the arrow stuck in the dirt and was covered in blood, which was a real good sign. I followed the blood trail just to see how good it was and it was a good one. Sure enough there he was right where I last saw him, not that I expected him to be gone. After gutting him I looked at the heart and I had shot right through it. Even though he wasn't a monster buck, just an average 8 pointer, this was definitely a hunt to remember with the weather conditions and the rut, but now it is time to chase some roosters!!

The picture is on the way as I emailed it to someone to post it on here for me.

I got a call from a buddy this morning, to get my butt over to his place! When i get there; he had a good buck hanging( a 12 pt.). My first comment was "look at those double drop tines!" ,but they weren't ! The G-1's come about 5 in up from the main beam, but then are bent almost straight back on both sides. These puppies are about 18-20 " long, with the tips still covered in velvet( apparently he couldn't get it rubbed off).We think he may have bent them back going under a fence while in velvet. The rough score put it around the high 180's. Hopefully , one of the guys will send me a picture so i can have some one put it on here for me.

Yes it is! Hopefully i can find some one here to post them for me. Hope to have them up in the other forum soon.

On a side note!

The guys rough green scored him last night.

Inside spread. 19 "

Main beams 26" & 27"

gross 193 7/8

Net 184 6/8

Very Nice deer Whiskers!!! You should be very proud of your accomplishment... I usually go muzzleloader hunting in Northeast Iowa and the deer there are amazing. I wish I had time to go there and bow hunt too but things have been busy this fall. Maybe I will just have to make the time...

To everyone posting now in this thread.

I do want to clarify that I did NOT shoot the buck that delmuts has posted, I wish I had as I would have also had to go and clean out my shorts!! The buck I shot is the picture of the one posted by TO, the 8 pointer shot in Worth County in North Central Iowa.

I just want to eliminate any confusion.

Moderators, is there any way to create a new post with the Korman buck withe the few posts about it, to eliminate any confusion.