Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robert1965

I just dont get this excited about spring fishing

12 posts in this topic

you have spring, summer, fall, fishing. you only have a small window of time on the ice, depending on where you live. I know its more work for the most part, but theres somthing to be said about planning a trip on the ice. waiting, gear spread out. watching the weather, buying that new lure, give me ice.

Robert, you sound like my father.. For those who have met my dad, you know how much he loves the ice. When I was younger I asked him why this was... His answer.. "Because its always 80 degrees, no waves and no wind in a fish house."

I love the midwest for its seasons, and I too look forward to ice fishing as much if not more than most! If I were to say though, I think the shortest season is always the fall fishing.

Last time I wen't fishing was last Ice in March. Never did get out fishing on open water this year. Give me the ice.

I am the same way. Rarely fish in the summer, can't hardly wait for the ice.

For me, any kind of fishing is a great day to be out on the water ... hard or soft. Nothing better than being outdoors with a rod in your hand.

I enjoy open water fishing too but I have that special place in my heart for ice fishing. I get more excited about ice fishing than I do about open water fishing.

"Because its always 80 degrees, no waves and no wind in a fish house."

Exactly!

Quote:
"Because its always 80 degrees, no waves and no wind in a fish house."

Not sure I've ever heard it put better grin

lol that is kinda nice, with no waves. Im with you I love ice fishing, and Im starting to think that there is more people that like ice fishing than boat fishing for a few reasons, there is almost double the amount of posts in the ice fishing area comparied to the open water, and even in july there always seems to be almost the same amount of people looking the ice fishing area compaired to the open water area

i love ice fishing a lot more and cant wate for it to get here

I think I don't get as excited for the opener is because it's not normally the best time to be out. I've found that a couple of weeks into the season is usually better but first ice always seems to be good fishing.

I definatly fish more on open water then I do on the ice ,,,I may only get on the ice a dozen or so times a season and what dissapoints me more then lack of fishing action is that any one can get on the lake when its frozen and the site of the trash and debris I see left on the ice kinda turns me off to the sport and thats left by the 2%ers (definatly not left by any FMers)

Good Luck to those who get out on early ice

LAS