• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Neshek done?

IFallsRon

Seth Stohs, who runs the well-respected Twins blog “Seth Speaks,” is reporting that reliever Pat Neshek will have Tommy John ligament-replacement surgery next week and miss the 2009 season. Stohs cited a source close to the situation.

Neshek was scheduled to have a magnetic resonance imaging exam on his right elbow today, along with an evaluation by Twins physician Dr. Dan Buss.

I thought he had the corrective surgery already, and was to be good as new next spring.

And why is this here.???????????????????????????

G.C.

HE did NOT have surgery, only rest and rehab.

For most of the 2007 season Neshek would have been a better closer than Nathan.

Yeah, but how do you know? Maybe he would have cracked and got hit all over the place in a save situation? Nathan is one of the best closers in MLB, period. Everyone has an off day, and him blowing a save or 3 during the season should be expected.

For most of the 2007 season Neshek would have been a better closer than Nathan.

I really think a closer needs to have a powerful fastball and slider. Neshek has a big hook, and a great changeup, but he's lucky if he touches 92. I love him in the setup role, using him as a change of pace type guy.

Too bad we won't be seeing him for a while, and who knows if he returns to his original form.