• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer Movement

I hunt in Cushing, MN which is approximately 15 miles West of Little Falls. Of course opening morning the deer were running frantically around the woods as a result of all the hunters. However, that evening was extremely quiet (only heard 4 or 5 shots) and didn't see a thing. The next two days were similar. I did a lot of walking and noticed some scrapes and a few rubs but not a lot. I'm thinking the deer aren't moving much yet and the coming weekend should be good. What are your thoughts?

There is a group of 8 of us that up north of Virginia every Opener. This year, we heard very few shots on Opener (first one around 7:30am) and a stop by the butcher on Monday revealed that he had only processed 17 deer on Opening weekend instead of the 100+ he usually processes.

My dad hunts out in Lac Qui Parle county and said on Saturday morning around 9am, he and his cousin drove to the top of a bluff to scan for deer and other hunter activity. From the top of the bluff (visibility for literally miles), they only saw 1 group of hunters on a drive.

Tough opener weekend for sure! But that just means there are more for this coming weekend!