• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

reverse osmosis

SpringerGuy

I have a unit under my sink for drinking water and it works fine. I ran a line over to my refrigerator and hooked it up to the ice maker. No Ice. I read that it takes at least 20psi to make ice so I put more pressure in the tank and still no ice. Any ideas?

It may have froze up the ice maker supply tube in the freezer because of the low water pressure to start. Find tube in freezer that puts water in the ice maker and make sure that is clear. Did you have ice maker hooked up to regular water before? And if so, did it work fine then? If so, then it'll point you in the direction of the problem.

First, thanks for the help.

Yes, the ice maker worked great for years on regular water. I thought I would get better ice for my favorite cold beverages.

If it is froze up, how do I tell and how do I thaw it out. Does adding more psi to the tank correct my problem?

If you can't see the water tube into the I/M in the freezer section, the easiest way to tell would be unhook the water line on the back of the ref. and try to blow through it. If it is froze up, the quickest way to unthaw it is using a hair dryer to blow hot air in tube. I think if you get better pressure it should work, but I don't know a whole lot (anything) about those water systems. Good luck.

If it still doesn't work, include what kind of ref. it is and style (SXS, top freezer) on next post