• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

which e collar?

Gadgetman

anybody else get the Tri Tronic 40th anniversary card in the mail? They are offering 40% off on a new collar if you send in your old collar. I have an old field 70 that I like but have considered getting a unit that is a bit smaller and lighter. Do you guys that have the small walkie talkie style transmitters like them as well as the old "flashlight" style that I currently have. I kind of like the old style as it fits in the holder on my game vest and is easy to find the button without haveing to look for it. Also am not sure if I would like having the new smaller model that hangs around your neck. Just looking for some feed back on the other style of transmitter

The locator tone is indeed a nice feature. Has almost eliminated the need to nick my dogs. I have a Dogtra and it really is a great collar. Like you, I first thought having the transmitter hanging around my neck would be a pain, but it really isn't a big deal at all. I'd say you have the opportunity for a very nice upgrade.

Gadgetman,

If you are not going to use that 40% off card, please send it my way wink

I have the G2 model today and instead of having it hang around my neck, I bought a holder that has a clip so I attach it to a belt loop on my pants. Works pretty decent.

I won't own another Tritronics. I had repeated issues with the ones that I owned. Switched to Dogtra and never looked back. I have run a two dog system and it has worked flawlessly for 3 years. Its used year round and I still haven't had to swap out the rechargeable batteries.

I had a 13 year old Field 70(called the Judge) that I sent in this morning. It was still working fine just too bulky. Ordered a new Pro 100 Exp, paid less than I paid 13 years ago for the other one. Can't beat that deal!

Thanks for the input guys. I am NOT looking to trade to a different manufacturer of collars, I like my TT just fine. I was just wondering if people liked the small transmitter as I am used to the larger unit that I have had for 8 years. They are offering me a pretty good discount on a new model and I guesss that I will have to take them up on their offer