Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mole

minnesota state ice tournament

12 posts in this topic

Are you talking about Minnesota State University's tournament? I believe it is known as the "Big Bobber Ice Fishing Contest". I'm not sure, they have last years contest listed on their web page. I missed it last year and didn't hear how it went. I was planning on attending this year.

Anybody else go last year? I wonder what the turnout was?

yeah, thats it. I went last year and got 30th place (guided fishing trip). Didnt hear how many fishermen for sure but looked like quite a few came out.

wow, 30th was a guided fishing trip? Must have scattered the prizes? Where was the trip to?

i believe the guided trip was provided through TO/ team otter right from here on fishing mn

I took 51st place and got a Goose picture print. I would say about 300 people fished it on Lake Washington last year. The entry fee was $30. I think the prizes could have been better, but Kruger Farms had some great stuff to look at. I am hoping to see more sponsers this year giving away BIGGER BETTER STUFF!

Well the turnout is obviously nothing like the one on Lehomme Dieu or Leech. Hopefully, it becomes an annual thing that draws fishermen from all around the southern part of the state. The fishing may never be that good on Washington but its still fun to get together with a few hundred people and fish. I'm sure if more people come, sponsors will donate more, thus prizes will be better!

The contest will be on Sunday Jan 25. The show starts at the fieldhouse at MSU Friday the 23rd and Sat the 24th.

Should be bigger and better than last year.

Thanks for the dates, what is involved with the show? Ill be at Brainerd Fri and Sat, didnt know there was a show with the big bobber contest.