Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cRaPpiEMaN8265

High School Ice Fishing Club

21 posts in this topic

Me and my friend Chris have recently started an ice fishing club at Mounds View High School. We are both Juniors and thought our school needed something for the outdoorsmen. I was wondering if anyone knows of any ice fishing clubs being created at other high school so we could hold contest or something? I think it would be very cool if other schools in the state made ice fishing clubs as well.. I would also like to give a shout out to Strikemaster and Clam for being so generous to sponsor our club!

Thanks!

Ryan

Great idea!! Good luck. Fishing is a sport just like golf. You will do it untill you leave this earth.

great idea i wish i woulda thought of that last yr im a senior now and my buddy and i are pretty much the only ice fishers in school we go to nicollet so theres maybe 100 and some kids 7-12 so it would be a lost cause but last yr almost all the senior guys ice fished but were the last of em pretty much

Great idea!! Good luck. Fishing is a sport just like golf. You will do it untill you leave this earth.

This is exactly how I look at it.. most people play football basketball or hockey but the vast majority wont be doing it after college... Get em out ice fishin!

Ryan

LOL- I gave up golf 3 years ago because the last two times I did it, I couldnt get out of bed the next day (bad disk in lower back)...

Best of luck with the club!, Wish you were closer, I would love to help!

Man...what a great idea. You must have some pretty sweet teachers down there. Didn't that one guy get the Marcum fellas to come out one time last year?

Man...what a great idea. You must have some pretty sweet teachers down there. Didn't that one guy get the Marcum fellas to come out one time last year?

Yup that is Mr. Nuss (Jon Nuss) He is the one that will be sponsoring and helping us out with the club wink

He's really a great guy!

Ryan

Cool idea. I'm a junior too. Too bad Moundsview is a ways from here, otherwise I'd be interested in meeting up with you guys during a contest or something.

You could have something there.. you have some guys that would be interested ??

im a junior at Osseo and i wished they had something like this at Osseo and also if you are interested in doing sometype of contest let me know because i will try to find a way to go and i could probaly bring some others also

Sweet. We just contacted our Activities Director and got a non-school sponsored club set-up. Then you just have to get a teacher that is willing to sponsor your club and get some members! We would love to have a contest sometime just let me know! We will probably have between 10-20 members but we put a cap at 20 so it isnt too many people.

Ryan

ok sounds good i would think it would be a good time fishing

Crappieman, if you want to email me so that we maybe could set something up this winter

sgs1919 at yahoo dot com

Yup, that would be fun. You can also contact me at:

MVHSicefishing at hotmail dot com

I will be talking to you in the near future!

I think it would be fun if we could get some other schools involved and get some type of North Metro Tournament going or something.

Ryan

Yea that would be cool too. I talked it over with some of the guys at the meeting today and they thought it was a great idea! In our first meeting today we came up with 12 members which I thought was a good turnout!

We also acquired another sponsor today in Nature Vision!

Thanks again to all our sponsors!

Ryan

Crappieman,

Im a senior at Esko high school, a ways north of the cities, but we also have an ice fishing club at our high school. We started up this club last year although ours isnt as formal as yours, more of just a group of friends who fish and hunt all the time and we get our picture in the yearbook and stuff but thats pretty much it. We call it the Sportsmens team just to include hunting in there too. I could possibly get some guys to make an official ice fishing team and maybe meet up for a contest sometime. How did you guys get those sponsors? Do they actually give you guys gear and stuff? i would be interested in getting something like that started in my school