• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish you Refuse to eat

andrew chadwick

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we have both lists of strongest and best tasting fish, list what species you refuse to eat, taste regarding or not.

my biggest is swordfish

I love swordfish! It's great on the grill!

I prefer to stay away from Carp, Sheephead, and Dogfish. Especially ones from the Minnesota River. I might add that I have handed over many Sheepheads to other anglers I have crossed paths with bank fishing that have practically begged me for them.

I would never knowingly eat carp, dogfish, gar, sheepshead or other scavenger types and I am not really too fond of catfish.

Oh yeah, and I'm always leery that my ex is feeding me some type of poisonous filet....with good reason of course.

I'd have to agree with ya on the swordfish. Had it once and not only was it expensively bad it had left a nasty taste in my mouth for the rest of night. Not crazy bout fresh salmon or bass, (other than yellow bass or smaller stripers). Catfish is good but pond cat's taste a lot different/better than any freshly caught outta lake or river cat's do.

how about anything thats outta the minnesota river yuck god knows what diease u will get outta there

No kidding, I can't believe anyone even fishes in that sludge flume that some like to call a river.

Its not the taste that steers me from swordfish, its the fact that they are being fished to extinction, and they are full of mercury.

Bluefin tuna is the other big one I try to avoid.

suckers out of lake superior streams are good, both smoked or brown sugar grilled.

I know I am going to be torched for this one. I have tried quite a few times, but just dont care for Salmon. Ive had it when its good, and when its not so good. More not so good times than good..

Dietz, if you're still looking to get rid of some, let me know. grin I'll be up at the cabin this weekend.

I love salmon and almost any kind of fish but i would never eat endangered fish! We have such a big choice of food anyways so why eating animals that are endangered i think that is ridiculous! And i don't understand people doing that!