• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rubbed raw

bhs91

Just got back from 2 days of hunting ditches in Iowa. My Lab's 2 front legs, on the inside part, are rub raw (about the size of a quarter), right down to the skin. What is the best way to help heal this and is there anyway to prevent it in the future.

Thanks,

BHS

This happens to my weim all the time. I've used neosporin sp? And udder balm. The best way to prevent it I have found is to by a cheap tight fitting shirt. I used a cheap knockoff of under armor warm gear. I slip that on my dog under a neoprene vest or by itself if it is really warm! Hope this helps!

I just got back from pheasant hunting in some thick cattails, and my dogs eyes are so red, bald and swollen she can hardly open them. is time the only cure for this or is there something i can do to help her now, or better yet, prevent it?

If anyone has a way to prevent this, I'm sure there a lot of dogs that would appreciate it. My older dog has these issues after hunting. We also wash his eyes with saline and rub some antibiotic cream on the outside of his eyes where he is rubbed pretty raw.

Poor dog looks pretty homely for the week following the hunt.