Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigPikeGuy

Big Deer Contests???

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I see big deer contests around the state and am in a contest myself. The ussual winners for the contest I'm in are 160 for a doe and 250 for a buck i would say........... Biggest buck I've ever saw weighed 273 and I actually shot a doe that I couldn't belive this year - 181 lbs!

Just wonderring what others have seen for deer weights? And hoping I can hold onto the biggest doe spot!

That's a horse of a doe... I think you'll have a pretty good shot at it.

I shot a doe back in 2001 that dressed out at 165. she was a biggun. funny to note that out of 7 deer she is the biggest.

Any pics of those doe's that big?? Holy smokes.

180 lbs is insanely huge.

Thanks, ya that's kinda what I was thinking. I'll try and post some pics within the next week or so....... We took some pics with her hanging next to a 215 lb buck a guy shot in our group and the length is about the same, just a little less stocky.

We shot a doe 2 years back down in houston, MN and the deer weight just over 200 dressed. It was a horse. It actually looked like a buck without antlers. The thing had almost no teeth and was grey all over. We had actually seen the deer a few times, but the guy couldn't pass her up any longer. We were having trouble getting her out with 3 guys and a 4 wheeler. I can honestly tell you that I will never see a doe that big the rest of my life.

Wow, those are some enormous does. I shot what I thought was a really big one a few years ago and had it weighed. It was 155.

Here's the 181 pound doe I shot on opener. She wasn't a dry doe though like the one the guy from Houston shot though.

If you dont know how to post a pic, email it to me. I can put it up for you.

mchristi@brocade.com