• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Remote car start for manual trans??

With the cold weather starting again I made a comment that I would really love to have one of those remote starters for the cold mornings but I drive a stick shift so out of luck. and a guy said they make then to use with a manual you just have to keep it out of gear when parked. I'm guessing he's full of it since I have to have the clutch depressed to get the car to start. Anybody ever heard of this kind of deal? If it was out there I think I would have heard of it by now. before you guys in the know respond please give me a few minutes to day- dream about it being true crazy

You can install them, but yes you would have to remember to leave it in nuetral. If you forget it will start and take off down the road on its own. I would highly recomend not installing them on manual trannies. It can be done, but most places wont even install them, just to cover their own buts.

eyes, thanks yea I did google it..thats one of the things though I love about this site is I can get "real world" type of answers from guys like me that might have been down that road allready. I am thinking I better not do it.. I trust myself but as soon as I read the description of leaving it in gear and lurching I had the cartoon bubble in my head of my teenage son hitting the button and car going into the back of my wifes or worse in-laws car in the driveway....

Galaxy 2000rs-2w-1-m Remote Starters [manual Transmission With One 2-way Lcd.

Galaxy makes one.

I think it has a neutral safety switch tie in or it monitors when the truck is in gear, so you do not start it when in gear.

I put one in my truck about 7 years ago that I got on [YouNeedAuthorization], when you set the park brake and tap the foot brake you turn the key off and the truck stays running, when you get out and shut the door it shuts itself off so it knows its not in gear, if the doors are opend it will not start with the remote so it cant start in gear. The only thing is I had to disasemble the clutch saftey switch so it will start in gear without the clutch in manually, and I had to put it in myself because I could not find a machanic that would do it.