• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gus Bus has at least 4 flat tires!

fishin58

Cassell looks very good but he does have a little bit of talent around him.Hes gonna get a major league contract at the end of the season if he keeps going at this pace.Maybe Brady will be on the trading blocks instead shocked.The vikes should look at D.Anderson at the end of this year,good QB and you wont break the bank to get him.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with fishin58. Let Gus pick splinters.

Hey didn't McNabb get benched Sunday?

Yes and that is why people are saying his days in Philly are over. He is 32, I would rather have 22 than 32. But if Chilly is here next year, I think McNabb will be as well.

Last QB to get back to back 400+ games.....Billy Volek. Anyone know what happened to him.

Cassel looks to be decent and shows promise but is only doing half of what Brady did in that same system and talent pool. I think it may be a little premature to annoint him as a great QB.

no no, i'm not saying he's a great qb. Just saying about what the great Qb's had. Maybe he's a fluke...but just saying don't discount him because of the talents around him.

Cassel looks a lot better than what we have.

You are correct. I did not word my response well....Cassel is better than what we have and shows promise but he like any QB available comes with a risk.

Cassel - unproven over time

Anderson - one great year, one horrible year

McNabb - Age. What does he have left?

It may come down to what is the price for any of these guys, whether it be through trade or $$ in free agency.

So let me get this straight....you would rather have a 37 year old never had a prime GUS vs. a 32 year old maybe passed his prime 5 time pro-bowler Donovan Mcnabb? So please tell me how you are on the bus? Good thing we are on the fishing forum cuz something is fishy!

Can you point our anywhere in my post that I say what you are seeing? I actually stated Cassel is better than Gus. All I was addressing was who we should get instead for next year and that they each have a risk.

I thought only my wife got all emotional with me without really listening or understanding what was said. grin

Hey, there were people excitied that we might get farve back in august. I was one of them ^_^, mostly to taste the tears of GB fans...but still, look at the jets. GUssy is just not that good. Point is, don't matter what age, if you are a good QB, you will still be. I was really excited about Mcnab when i heard the rumor he might be here. O well.

Looking at Garcia against the Vikes 2 sundays ago...im wondering why we didn't pursue him.

Gaw the vikes are in such horrible position with QB.

Hey good Ol' Mike Vick might be reinstated as early as june! Im sure the vikes would not take a chance on him, but he would come at a VERY cheap price(league minimum im sure). McNabb I think is going to be wearing the purple and gold next year. Not sure if I like it or not, but its a vast improvement over what we currently have right now. He may of passed his prime, but id rather see a past his prime mcnabb than a past his prime AND bedtime Gus.

One question about Vick though. He just entered state dog fighting charges and plead guilty, does that mean when he gets out of Leavenworth, Kansas (federal prison time), does he have to go back and face possible state prison time?

One question about Vick though. He just entered state dog fighting charges and plead guilty, does that mean when he gets out of Leavenworth, Kansas (federal prison time), does he have to go back and face possible state prison time?

I don't think so, when his time is up in KS he has served his time. But the NFL hasn't punished him yet either, they could make him sit out a year or two also. I'm sure if he gets reinstated someone will take a chance on him, not the vikes though. Raiders, Al Davis is a crazy motha, he might want to try him out.

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
He actually get's out of federal prison earlier now that he pleaded to the State charges.

So no additional jail time.....

Whatta country

You got that right.

screw vick...he's just like tjunk but he can run faster.

if we are looking for a superbowl mcnabb would be the best fit..chilly probably has a stiffy thinking that mcnabb could be here next year...then he can teach tjunk to take over after a couple years when he retires lmao...it must be a part of chilly's 10 year plan!!!

cassel looks pretty good but so does everyone when your tossing them up to the superfreak.

anderson is pretty solid...clevelands o-line is horrid and braylon drops 1 out of every 3 passes or so lol.

anything will be an improvement over what we have....i was suprised we never went after pennington.