• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gus Bus has at least 4 flat tires!

fishin58

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fishin58, I think you are the only person i have ever seen that still thinks T-Jack has something to show us.

At this point in most QB's careers they have shown that the can make every throw on the field. Most guys come out of college with that ability. T-Jack has shown he can only make a few throws and he can only complete those about 50% of the time.

Yes he can scramble, but when is the last time you have seen a scrambling QB show himself as a complete QB. I'd rather have a statue in there who can make the proper throw at the right time.

T-Jack has now played in 20 NFL games, if you look at game 1 and game 20 its hard to find any noticeable improvment. Thats why I say he's not the best option for us right now.

Once we are out of the playoff hunt, which will likely come as soon as the Williams boys are suspended we might see T-Jack back in there. Then we'll see what he can do after having more time to study up on how to be an NFL QB. My prediction is he'll throw for about 150 yds/game, 1 td every other game, and 2 TO's a game. Thats assuming he doesn't get hurt again which seems to be an issue with him.

Latest news flash, hear of these two guys Eli and Tony? Take Romo for example if he had not sat on the bench his first 3 years like you would say he would be out of the NFL. Parcells has said many times, if he would have had to play ROMO it would have been a terrible experience for him and the franchise. He seems like a pretty good QB these days.

That ELI character wow was he dreadful his first couple years, and remember the drubbing we even gave to him last year. What happened after that? I bet there was more then a couple New yorkers calling for couglin's head as well as Eli's.

Now look at T, we drafted him as a 3 year project but we were forced to play him early. He has thrown out some bad games, but he was not ready, now look at the 15 year Savvy vet throwing rookie picks, don't you think he should be above that?

Heres a good read for you, sounds pretty familiar.

Parcells picks Romo to start at QB for Cowboys

Associated Press

Updated: October 28, 2006, 12:38 PM ET

Email

Print

IRVING, Texas -- Drew Bledsoe knew his interception near the goal line just before halftime was a horrible play. He never thought it might be the last pass he'd throw for the Dallas Cowboys.

Bledsoe's demotion became official Wednesday when Bill Parcells said Tony Romo, who took over at quarterback in the second half Monday night, will make his first career start Sunday night at Carolina.

"It's a very, very disappointing situation for me, but I can't go back and change it," said Bledsoe, in his 14th season. "Obviously, I would like to be the guy still, and I really in my heart of hearts believe that I give us the best chance to win."

Parcells doesn't think so anymore, and is doing something he rarely has done -- changing quarterbacks in midseason. The coach often has been loyal to veteran quarterbacks, including 41-year-old Vinny Testaverde through a 6-10 Cowboys season two years ago.

But, this time, Parcells is benching the player he drafted No. 1 for the New England Patriots in 1993.

Bledsoe's critical interception in a 36-22 loss to the New York Giants came when the Cowboys (3-3) had a chance to take the lead in a game to determine first place in the NFC East. Bledsoe already had been sacked four times, once for a safety.

Romo threw three interceptions, one on his first play and another returned 96 yards for a touchdown. But he still showed he could be effective. Romo scrambled and completed 14 of 25 passes for 227 yards and two touchdowns, and flashed more footwork running for a 2-point conversion.

"Deep down, I feel like Tony is a different kind of quarterback than Bledsoe," Parcells said. "And, maybe, we might be able to put some of those abilities to work. ... Maybe we can alter our circumstances for the better."

A fourth-year pro undrafted out of Division I-AA Eastern Illinois, Romo never had thrown a pass before this season. His only two passes before Monday were a pair of completions in the previous game, with a TD to Terrell Owens in the closing minutes of a 34-6 victory over the Houston Texans.

Romo will be the ninth starting quarterback for the Cowboys since Hall of Famer Troy Aikman retired after the 2001 season. Romo didn't appear in the locker room Wednesday.

"Any time you do something like this, it's not without a lot of consideration," Parcells said. "I've been thinking about it for some time. ... Hopefully, maybe as the team is comprised right now, he might be able to do a couple of things that assist us."

In Dallas' three victories, Bledsoe had six touchdown passes and one interception. But those have all been against teams with losing records. Against playoff contenders Jacksonville, Philadelphia and the Giants, he has one TD and seven INTs.

"The guys believe in him," receiver Patrick Crayton said. "His mobility, man. He's an improviser sometimes when he gets out there. You kind of expect the ball to come to you on every play."

Quote:
Fishin58, I think you are the only person i have ever seen that still thinks T-Jack has something to show us

No he's not.

I wouldn't have a problem with T-Jack over Gus right now IMO Gus is worthless and should not even be in the league.

I say give Tjack another shot, this team is going no where this year anyways, whats it going to hurt? I think Frerrote has 11 picks this year already, and he didn't start the first two games. Put the kid back in, give him the whole playbook and hold nothing back, Whats the worse thats going to happen we loose a bunch of games and get a better draft pick, and maybe childress get canned!!! Doesn't sound too bad

I'm guessing that they opened up the playbook for T-Jack during practice and he couldn't handle it there. Thats the only thing that makes sense to me. The play book has been opened a little with Gus so I don't think it was entirely Chilli making poor calls. I think he felt he had to make those calls becuase T-Jack couldn't show in practice that he could make the throws needed to open up the play book.

I have always supported Tjack. I like his mobility and arm strength. He has never really been completly healthy either wich has hurt him. I wish they wouldn't have panicked and pulled the plug on him so early this year. I just dont see any upside in having gus in there.

Here's my take, you have a barely so-so QB in T-junk. And you have a Horse Hockey coach. That is never gonna work. Now start the kid three years ago with Parcels and you may have a Romo. Doubtful, but with the right coach you never know. Chilly-pepper can't even coach the best Running Back in the league and pulls him out with the game on the line. He ain't the right guy for anything.

You guys that want Cassell...Geez. Have you watched any Patriots games? Randy jogging down the field because he knows the ball is just going to be underthrown...Now he's running more slants and quick outs because they know he can't throw deep (their coach makes something called 'adjustments' LOL). I wouldn't want to see him here.

It's D. Anderson, a drafted QB, or some other scrap heap junker from the pupu platter.

If you have 9 minutes you can watch every play T was involved with game 1 at Stinkbeau. Hate to say it but I will use the word if. berrian doesn't fall down, shank-i doesnt fumble and we get 2 horrible pass interference no-calls. Our offense would have been rolling. I forgot T had that much wiggle in him. Now seriously watch it and hive him a grade if the if's went right. the other if If shank finishes the play the ball hits him in the chops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1la9xQodEEQ

Maybe you should trying calling Chilly to see if you can get your boy T-Jack back behind center. You don't need to convince any of us, you need to convince him. Maybe you cab send him your video.

Try calling into the show he does with Paul Allen, see what he says.

I'm sure he has seen T-Jack at practice, if he was looking like a better option then Gus I think he would be back in since Chilly wants to see this guy do well. After all Chilly stuck his neck out to trade up to get this guy.

I must admit, T-Jack did hand that ball off very nicely yesterday. Do I dare say future hall of famer?

It was a nice hand-off!! But seriously who would you start? Wilf stepped in and made the move not Chilli. Can you really back Gus that is what I am asking, 3 bad sacks, 1 delay of game, 1 timeout used because the time clock was almost gone. A few short hop passes. A very nice pick. What does he really give you? Please tell me.

I don't really care what they do this year. I don't see a reason to take Gus out after all they are winning games (6-3). Gus hasn't shown that he is worse the T-Jack thats for sure, at best its a wash with the two of them, they are just bad at different things. I think you stick with the guy that has the winning record for the season and thats Gus.

Switching QB's is a distraction and hurts the continuity a team might have. In my book you don't switch until you are forced to.

You won't see Booty as long as we are in the Hunt for a playoff spot.

A move to Booty tells the Team the season is over and you are giving up. So it's doubtful we'll see him, at least I hope not anyway.

As much as I would have rather had T-Jack be the QB this year I don't see that happening either unless Gus can't answer the bell.

Go Saints!... grin

Cassell has figured things out in the last few weeks. This is a case of a guy getting better and better each time he steps on the field. I would consider him a big upgrade if we got him. Although you have to consider the fact that he has a much better coaching staff helping him get better. If he were in MN I think expectations should be tempered a little.

I find it a little funny that we are basically arguing about which of the Vikings 3 QB's is the "least terrible".

BTW, I have a really weird feeling we are gonna have McNabb here next season, IF Childress is still around. McNabb is an upgrade from Gus, but I want to see a long term solution, not a 1 or 2 year guy that has his best years behind him. We did that with Moon, Cunningham, McMahon, Brad Johnson (2nd time here) and now Frerotte, among a few others.