• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gus Bus has at least 4 flat tires!

fishin58

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rookie mistakes..what?? Have you seen his throws or just have Mike Morris tell you he is doing a good job. How many receptions did a Wide reciever have yesterday? 1 that I can remember, second pass to Sid, remember the throw b4 that should have been interecepted.

I don't agree with you, Mr. Fishin58. Gus had a bad day, arguably his first (maybe second) one in 7 starts. At worst, he's had twice as many good days as bad ones.

Tjack is the opposite, twice as many bad games and good ones.

I'll take Gus. It's nice to know our QB can throw a ball more than 5 yards downfield with some accuracy. If only Gus could move half as well as TJ, it'd be a no-brainer.

I would have too disagree wad, if a guy can say that? The first 3 preseaon games T-jack threw the ball great and everybody was on board. Then what happens Ray-Ray twist's his knee. Tavaris never fully recovered in the first 2 games. I blame his injury for his first two starts more then anything. Anybody ever here of the guy Peyton Manning, he was hoblled in the off-season and looked pretty shaky in his first few starts and was not making the correct reads. But he has turned his season around. Yes, I know Peyton is all world, but the injury is what I am pointing out in both cases, if Peyton struggled with it, you don't think Tavaris would have any problems with a knee injury?? All I am saying is give him another shot if not a start at least work him into a few packages, give the other team at least something to think about... Maybe help with our bland-ness on offense.

Good points. TJ did look great in the preseason (I wasn't counting those in my previous post), and I hope TJ gets another shot sometime down the road. Just not now. Gus (prior to this game) opened up the downfield game that TJ's inaccuracy and poor field vision (along with Chilly's choke collar) prevented us from exploiting, and I'm not ready to give up on Gus after one bad game.

However, if Gus has a second consecutive game like this, then I'd start to privately wonder about a switch. And if he'd have a third, I might be asking for it just like you. Besides, at that point you may as well have TJ back in there getting experience anyway since playoff hopes would long be gone.

I really think TJ has some potential. He showed flashes of it last year and in the preseason this year. I think he has the physical skills to play at this level, I'm just not sure he has the intelligence. After week two, I would rather have seen the playbook opened up to TJack instead of switching to Gus right away. If things had happened that way, this conversation wouldn't be necessary since TJ would have either flourished or failed. Now as things are, we don't know for sure. However, if your injury theory is correct, then opening the playbook up to him at that point in time would have only led to more problems.

What I do know is that TJ spending a year on the bench will only help him, Gus is doing a much better job than TJ was, and we have a better record now than what we would have if neither the play calling nor the QB had changed.

See example Chicago this year, 4 picks. It has been said elsewhere, if T-jack throws that pick that gets returned for a touchdown.

The metrodome actually blows up from boos and somebody from the stands comes down and stabs T-jack (ala Monica seles) for not being able to read a defense.

The underthrown balls yesterday and the plays he flat out missed, eh hem rookie mistakes for a 15 year vet.

Anybody remember seeing A.P 2 yards behind the defense and Berrian 10 yards behind the defense yesterday.

I think Gus played fairly good in most of his appearances, He actually had a couple of pretty big days passing the ball, but if there's one thing I hate from a quarterback is getting picked off! Turn overs lose you games...It's just that simple!

Gus just looked "OFF" on Sunday. I could tell after the first few passes of the game, it was gonna be a long one. On the picks his throws were way off target, not leading the receivers and throwing behind them, plus putting the ball on the ground in front of the receivers "Because he was worried about having the ball sail" and getting picked off again. He might not say it, but he lost his confidence early on.

I don't know but after the second easy pick by the packers, I was hoping to see T-Jack again? If we are gonna have a quarter back throw picks and try to lose the game for us, it might as well be him! Without the turnovers, we would have or should have won that game easily and should have beat the bears too...no turnovers and we could be 6-3 or better? Shoulda woulda coulda!

Hopefully Gus gets back in form for this weeks game at Tampa Bay...or it's gonna be painful to watch....oh, and go AD!

yes i do think he's doing a better job. I don't think he's playing great or really even good but he's still doing better then T-Jack.

T-Jack 0-2

vs

Gus 5-2

Thats the only thing that matters.

Wasn't T-Jack like 6-1 last year as a starter?

I agree with NoFish he's not good but probably better than having T-Jack in there.

I would rather see TJ in there any day over Gus. I was very suprised and dissapointed when they made the swithch. TJ's athleticism alone puts him on a level higher than Gus. Gus has been very inconsistent this year, if it wasnt for a couple of bombs his stats would be terrible. Gus is a career backup who is at the END of his career. It would have been nice to see if TJ could have been the man this year, because we all know Gus is not the future of the franchise.

I dont know, I am MR. Optimistic, and even I can see T-Jack as not the future of our club as well. I am sure this off season the Vikes will be finding a good QB, and possibly keep T-Jack as the back up, but I dont think he will ever be more then that. Like I said I am Mr. Optimistic but I was convinces this year that he wont survive in the NFL as a starter.

Sorry I was gone yesterday (missing pheasants) I reviewed the thread about the Bucs game. You guys can't really still be backing Gus can you? How many short hops and sacks do you need to see=pathetic.

I would love to scheme against the Vikes, blitz every play contain A.P or sack Ferflop or get a bad pass. Wow that would be tough to scheme against!!

Lets just compare stats from this season.

---------QB Rating----Comp.%----Y/G----TD/G

T-Jack-----65.7-----51.7%------79-----0.5

Gus--------76.6-----58.1%------219----1.375

Gus has 1 less TD pass this season then T-Jack has had for his entire 20 game career. Has T-Jack even had a 200 yd passing game in his career?

We all complained about how predictible it was with T-Jack in at QB. He can only complete a handful of the required throws to be a NFL QB. How easy is that to game plan against? Just take away the throws he is capable of making and send the rest of the guys to stop the run.

I'm not saying that Gus is the savior, I'm not even saying he is a decent QB, I'm just saying that I don't want to see T-Jack until he has learned to make all the throws a QB needs to make. Chilldress is way to vanilla in terms of plan calling already, combine that with a QB that limits his play calling even further then what do you get? Most likely a high first round draft pick, that better be spent on a QB.

You point out Gus's faults but you are on pretty shaky groud if you are arguing for T-Jack. What has T-Jack shown to make you think he could have lead this team to a 5-5 record?

Really we should have had a chance to win against the Bucs. If Hicks and Taylor don't fumble the ball away in the 4th quarter we would have had 2 chances for a game winning drive. And if the O-line can offer a little protection it would have been a different game. Maybe T-Jack would have avoided one or two sacks with his legs but chances are he would have scrambled much earlier after feeling a little heat. He hasn't shown the ability to hang in the pocket and only scramble when he has to.

You point out Gus's faults but you are on pretty shaky groud if you are arguing for T-Jack. What has T-Jack shown to make you think he could have lead this team to a 5-5 record?

Really we should have had a chance to win against the Bucs. If Hicks and Taylor don't fumble the ball away in the 4th quarter we would have had 2 chances for a game winning drive. And if the O-line can offer a little protection it would have been a different game. Maybe T-Jack would have avoided one or two sacks with his legs but chances are he would have scrambled much earlier after feeling a little heat. He hasn't shown the ability to hang in the pocket and only scramble when he has to.

Every loss it's IF...IF...IF crazy

Originally Posted By: nofishfisherman

Every loss it's IF...IF...IF crazy

Just like the Packs loss to the vikes right? all I heard is if, if, if from green bay fans

That is the whole point, we don't know what Tavaris can do, we can see what Gus gives us. He has 15 years of bouncing around in sub-mediocre land. A career completion rate that is horrid, terrible int's by a savvy vet and falls down with a gust of wind. What more do you need to see?

We will at least see what T-Jack has and why we drafted him where we did, a strong arm mobile quarteback.

Everytime TJUNK throws I wait for it to be picked off, yes his decision making is horrible. Many of Guses picks have been deflections and hurries, we have all seen TJunk flat our throw it to the wrong team, no hurry involved, just poor decisions.