• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey Browning24,

I don't know about Terry but I'm from Billings and was in Hysham,MT today and there is no white stuff out here yet. Weather today was in the high 40's with little to no wind and overcast with spots of sun. The forecast is looking to be the same all week with a chance of rain here and there no snow in the outlook yet. So the ground is still brown out here. That cold front you saw this weekend in MN was here last week but no snow was dumped here except in the higher elevations of the Rockies.

Good luck on your hunt!

Chris

Sure thing! What date are you traveling out? I will keep you posted up until that date. Have you hunted out here before?

One word for the wise is if the road sign says "Impassable if wet or snow covered" beleive it! Some of the dirt roads out here can be a challenge if you don't have super aggresive mud tires and a winch. Plus the ranchers get p*ssed if you tear up the roads to thier cattle ranges.

Later,

Chris

Hey Browning,

Still no white stuff on the ground. Forcast for the week is warm with records being set tomorrow with temps near 70. The rest of the week is high temps from the upper 40's to 50's with a chance of rain here and there. Bring lots of water for hiking!

The mules are becoming active all day now. Saw a bunch today and they are all chasing does in the wide open fields in the middle of the day.

Later,

Chris

chris thanks for the updates we have 6 guys comin all w/ doe tags so thats good that their runnin during the day.....although i dont like to hear about warm weather man thats a killer while ur walkin all day...but i guess it beats trudging around in ur insulated gear.....ill post pics when i get home thanks a ton man!!

Hey Browning,

They have updated the forcast out here today it was warm but looks like it will be Cooling down for the rest of the week.

Good luck on your hunt! There are plenty of does across the whole state that I have seen so far. The does seem to be keying in on staying in the bottom of coulees with water in them or near streams, but I have also seen them grazing in the wide open areas. The mules look like they use the coulees, and irrigation ditches to travel from place to place. Be stealthy when coming up on the coulees and you should be alright. I stopped counting the deer that I have bumped out upland hunting there are so many.

Wednesday

High: 41 °F

Partly Cloudy

Mostly cloudy in the morning...then partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of light rain and snow in the afternoon. Much colder. Highs in the lower 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Wednesday

Night

Low: 16 °F

Partly Cloudy

Partly cloudy. Lows 15 to 20. North winds around 10 mph.

Thursday

High: 35 °F

Partly Cloudy

Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 30s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Thursday

Night

Low: 22 °F

30% Chance of Snow

A slight chance of snow in the evening...then a chance of snow after midnight. Lows in the lower 20s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 30 percent.

Friday

High: 39 °F

Chance of Frozen Mix

A chance of rain and snow. Highs around 40.

Friday

Night

Low: 25 °F

Partly Cloudy

Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s.

Saturday

High: 46 °F

Mostly Cloudy

Mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid 40s.

Saturday

Night

Low: 26 °F

Chance of Snow

A slight chance of snow. Lows in the mid 20s. Highs in the lower 40s.