• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hand made cranks

bassn1

Nobody's posted here for a while so I thought I throw a few of mine up here. The are all handmade from scratch. I mold the bodies,cut the diving lip and make the hook/line ties. I have a lot of fun with the airbrush trying to come up with different paint patterns.

010.jpg

008.jpg

015.jpg

Where do I sign up. Holy cow man, those are some sweet looking cranks. I absolutely love the crappie pattern in the first picture and all the gill patterns in the second pic look awesome as well. Those are my favs, but they are all awesome. You certainly have a great deal of talent.

Thanks for the compliments, The foam is a 2 part 16lb type. The molds were made from RTV The mylar is nothing more than HVAC tape from Fleet farm. I'll have to make a black/yellow combo this winter, sounds like a cool pttern to try. B1gf1sh1, I checked out your site, nice work! I'd really like to know how to do that swirl pattern, that is awesome.

Deitz,

They run just fine with a little 'tuneing" The big smallie in my avitor was caught on the crank (close up) in the last pic. It has accounted for all my smallies over 4 pounds this fall.Sure hate to loose it on a toothy critter, as with all cranks, no two run exactly the same.

Quote:
B1gf1sh1, I checked out your site, nice work! I'd really like to know how to do that swirl pattern, that is awesome.

thanks bassn1. smile

tell you what. you seem like a guy who doesn't mind a challenge. so i'll give you hint on the swirl pattern....

ever make taffy?

Awesome lures man! How did you get into doing this?

I started pouring plastics and lead lures a few years back (learned the molding process). A friend of mine kicked my butt on Le Homme Du in tourney's for years with his secret crankbait. They stopped making that crank and when he was down to his last one he asked me if I could make one for him. I never made one before so I did a little research and found a HSOforum or two that explained how. I made him 3 just for giving up the "secret". Long story short, He wants 6 more! It's alot of fun and it keeps me busy out in the shop in the winter. I'm still learning and trying to improve with everyone I make. I don't make Raps because it's easier just to buy one and get the real thing. Word of caution for anyone wanting to make there own....It's addicting!!

Rodmaker

I haven't tried to do repaints but I don't think it would be to hard. The only thing about a repaint is if the new finish/paint is thicker or heavier it could effect the original action. Are the baits plastic or wood? Is the wood cracked or waterlogged? Is the paint comming off from hook rash? Sometimes your ugliest, beat up, faded , chiped paint lures catch the most fish just because the lure has the right action.

It would be interesting to see if the "eyes" like them bass colors over the traditional Rap colors.

Rodmaker, giving out contact info is for sponsors.

That policy is in place for the few that aren't trustworthy.

In this casing posting your contact would be helpful to each other and thats what the forum is for. So post it.

Got approval to post contact info from Surface Tension yesterday(thanks)

shoot me an e-mail. or call 763-639-4659

[PleaseGetAuthorization]intricon.com

[note from Deitz-- had the hardest time getting your e-mail to not have a authorization code.. take out the space between m and p and it works.. ]

Thanks Deitz!!! I don't see it on the post