• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Baked Walleye

Here are two that I use and the family loves them-

Slice 3 lemons about 1/8" thick and cover the bottom of a cookie sheet with the slices. Lay the fillets on the lemon bed you just made, melt some butter and then use a brush and wipe each fillet with butter and then season them your favorite season. Place in the oven on top rack right below element with the oven door cracked open a bit, they only take about 6-8 minutes.

Dip ther fillets in a egg wash then roll them in very well crushed saltine crackers, place on a greased cookie sheet, spray the top side of the fillet with buttered flavored cooking spray and season. Bake at 450 until bottom is brown then flip and brown otherside.

No greasy mess and very tasty, enjoy!

Try this one. I found it in a walleye magazine from a pro:

Cheesy garlic walleye

Amout of ingredients depends on how many fillets and the size for the baking pan you are using.

-mix equal amounts mayo and miracle whip in a bowl

-put garlic salt/salt/pepper in mayo/miracle whip mixture to taste (i like a lot of garlic)

-spray baking pan with pam or coat however you like

-coat bottom of baking pan with shredded parmesan cheese

-spread one side of the walleye fillet with the mayo/miracle whip mixture

-lay that side down in the pan on top of the parmesan cheese

-coat other side of fillet with the rest of the mayo/miracle whip mixture

spread parmesan cheese on top of fillets and I add some extra garlic salt

Bake at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes. Broil for a minute or 2 until cheese is golden brown.

Everyone I have served this to has been amazed.

Matt