• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let's Eat!!

wildcatcreek

For fish that I can catch in our state:

Perch, sunfish, walleye.

I don't know how people put mushy, fall-apart crappies as high as they do??? (Although I had 2 meals last week of crappie, I couldn't find decent sunnies.)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only keep perch for the most part and that is because I find them so deep it kills them coming to the surface. I'll also keep some bluegill. If I could get out and catch salmon I would keep them too. Otherwise the fish I eat are tuna, swordfish, and Mahi Mahi. If I could catch king crab around here I would fish for nothing else.

Salmon is by far the most common for me to keep, sure is delicious too. I love that my parents live in alaska, always have tons of fishing fun when I visit them.

yellowfin tuna. in home-made sushi rolls/nigiri. Don't need no cookin'!

And on the subject of sushi, I LOVE unagi(freshwater eel). I'm going to the local asian supermarket with frozen fish later to pick some up and try my hand at cooking it right.

I LOVE mahi-mahi as well.

My ultimate favorite home-cooked dish though is blackened red snapper, using my favorite cajun recipe from my few years in Louisiana as a kid.

Of course the best tasting fish is always the pan-fried shore lunch over a wood fire, on some middle-of-nowheresville lake in canada. It doesn't matter if you're cooking northerns or lake trout or bass or walleye, that food always tastes better than any other.

I waggle alittle from 1 to 3 but my favorites rank:

Perch

Crappie

Walleye

Salmon

LM Bass

Pike

Gills and/or Rock Bass

Catfish

Any you guyz seen Mike Rowe of Discover Dirty Jobs eat those leeches with those bait guys in N Minn?

What a waste of a good leech.

For fish that I can catch in our state:

Perch, sunfish, walleye.

I don't know how people put mushy, fall-apart crappies as high as they do??? (Although I had 2 meals last week of crappie, I couldn't find decent sunnies.)

Ya gotta cook 'em right to keep them from getting mushy. It can be tricky.

For me

Sunnies

Walley

Perch and Small Northerns tie for third.

sunfish, perch, northerns-fried-pickled or smoked, grilled or smoked salmon/lake trout walleyes, smoked bullheads, smelt fries. for non-native fish halibut, cod. i really dont eat a lot of fish if any in resturants.

Fresh fish is the best. Take a walleye fillet that was flopping on the cleaning table a few minutes ago, throw it in a fry pan and visibly see it shrinking.

I was fired up for smoked salmon when I went to Alaska...the shops on our North Shore are better than anything I found up there.