• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

not happy with my floating robo duck... keeps tipping over

I have had nothing but problems with the floating mojo duck. It always seems to tip over. I have even filled my bathtub with water and moved the battery around hoping to find the right balance.....anyone else having this problem? any ideas how to correct it?

I have used the floater mojo all season with only one tip over. That happened because we were sitting in a fairly narrow channel with the wind in our face about 25 mph. Otherwise it's been great, I am usually set up with the wind at my back so it's always in the calm.

If I'm in a spot where it will be exposed to the wind, I will probably leave it at home.

Hey Zeek

I bought a floater 7 years ago whereas the guys I hunt with had robos on a stick. I retired mine 5 yrs ago as it was a pain to deal with. Had to be calm water and it was always a battle to carry it. Go with a long pole style spinner and send that floater down the Mississip.

i wish the sippi floated past kato I would pick that thing on the way by I love both of my floaters as they are different from what everyone else has and I can stick it any were in the spread because there are no poles in involded.

I bought one this season and am in love with it. I t has tiopped over once because the dog sawm into it. I had to open her up and dry it out after that, everything is fine, on/off switch sticks at times, but no big deal. Maybe it tips over because water has found a way into the plastic base, or else make sure it is centered on the base, there are different slots on there for a reason I am assuming.

Also the new ones have come a ,ong way from the first ones on the market. MOJO now claims they are unsinkable. They totally redesigned the decoy on a hard plastic base that seems to work just great. I know the older ones were pretty hard to keep from tipping over.

This is a great motion decoy, it requires no pole and dance around, especially if you get some wind, and adds some serious lifelike motion. I brought it out to hunt with a guy who had never hunted with a floater, he got a kick out of it, the wind moved it around so it looked like it was attacking the other decoys.