• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dear Santa:

zamboni

As Badger said, 4th in the NFC. Sorry, but it is true.

VERY impressive this season to be sure. Romos missed 4 games, McNabbs had an off season, the best QBs in the NFL are almost 40 (Favre, Warner and Kerry Collins) Yep, quite a season for QBs, Rodgers is horrible, wake up.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
BTW, Collins and Favre play for AFC teams.

Yeah and I said "NFLs" best QBs.

Well, we were talking 4th in the NFC, but irregardless Rodgers is 5th in the entire NFL since we're expanding the discussion apparently.

So here are a bunch of guys who are under Rodgers in rating, you tell me you would take Rodgers over these guys....

Cutler

Garcia

Matt Ryan

Eli

Peyton

Mcnabb

Collins

BTW. Holding the ball and taking rediculous sacks doesnt count against a rating. Sometimes you have to take other things into account rather than just plain stats.

I noticed you didn't list down to #25 of the passer rankings?

I think the better question is would YOU take Rodgers over what you have right now? That is, since you think Rodgers is mediocre and all and you get to watch "ranking #25" run your offense every weekend?

No the question is this, how would Rodgers fair with the playcalling we see in MN. At least Rodgers is put in situations to succeed on a regular basis, unlike the QB's in MN.

Well I don't think we can disagree that the Vike's coaching leaves a lot to be desired. Not sure that even Cassell can overcome that.

When has Gus gotten outside the pocket and ate a ball rather than throwing it away? I.E. Rodgers getting chased down outside the pocket in the endzone by J Allen.

So you're basing Rodgers' mediocrity on one game? Hmmm. Interesting.

He had a bad game last week, no doubt. Not much else to say about that except his O-line looked like a swinging door on every snap and more than enough blame to go around for Rodgers poor performance there.

Maybe he does hold on longer than he should, but maybe that's also a reason for his higher passing percentage.....looking for a better passing option before throwing. There is a price to pay for that and that would be his sack count. Even with that he still has decent passing numbers and those sacks don't hurt the team as bad as long as he keeps making those good decisions. It might put him in the hospital one of these days too though! It's the first season as a starter so decisions will get quicker for him as time progresses and he gets more experience at the NFL level. Even Brett Favre couldn't have taught him the speed of the game when he's sitting on the bench. wink

So here are a bunch of guys who are under Rodgers in rating, you tell me you would take Rodgers over these guys....

Cutler

Garcia

Matt Ryan

Eli

Peyton

Mcnabb

Collins

BTW. Holding the ball and taking rediculous sacks doesnt count against a rating. Sometimes you have to take other things into account rather than just plain stats.

Rodgers looks horrible compared to any of these guys, no matter his rating. He has alot better WRs than anyone on that list, I put more stock in that improving his numbers than his arm- Rodgers isn't worth that contract they signed him to.

the contract rodgers signed is worth every penny. what they did was give him all the money this year when they were far under the cap. so after this year his contract becomes very team friendly.

i think rodgers is better than mediocre. but then again he has one of the most talented sets of receivers in the NFL. I'd still gladly have him on my team.

He'll never be Brett Favre, but if he avoids injury (which could be his problem down the road) he will be a good quarterback in this league.

Originally Posted By: james_walleye
No the question is this, how would Rodgers fair with the playcalling we see in MN. At least Rodgers is put in situations to succeed on a regular basis, unlike the QB's in MN.

Well I don't think we can disagree that the Vike's coaching leaves a lot to be desired. Not sure that even Cassell can overcome that.

We better get an entirely new coaching staff along with a new QB. One without the other doesn't do any good.