• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dear Santa:

zamboni

I would like a GPS for Christmas this year. I look completely lost on the field, which I usually am. If cost is a factor, I can split it with you, I just signed a HUGE contract, but I promise, I have been a real good boy this year.

Thanks!!

Aaron Rodgers.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather have rodgers behind center for the vikes than Gus. I think every viking fan should be begging santa for a real QB so this teams talents aren't completly wasted

I would rather have rodgers behind center for the vikes than Gus. I think every viking fan should be begging santa for a real QB so this teams talents aren't completly wasted

I'm just glad that Gus doesn't fall down in the end zone and cost his team the game. Free agency is a beautiful thing!!!

Take four points away from the home team and they lose. Take six away from the Pack and they still lose. Also the crowd is a huge factor and those safeties were big in getting fans excited. Erin got hit hard today and I really think that was the factor, he had a chance to prove himself with two minutes left but failed at something that Farv would have made look easy against our secondary. I'll say it again, AP played with some serious ferocity today and a the Pack's defense couldn't handle a real RB.

he had a chance to prove himself with two minutes left but failed at something that Farv would have made look easy against our secondary.

Huh? Did he not put them into position for a game winning FG?

I'll answer that for you, yes, he did.

Originally Posted By: gopher_nation
he had a chance to prove himself with two minutes left but failed at something that Farv would have made look easy against our secondary.

If giving you kicker a 52 yard FG attempt is satisfactory, then yes. But angle of the kick and how much he missed it by (not much) and Rogers can get them, say five yards closer, that same kick is good.

I still can't believe the whining about those safeties. Textbook safeties. Since when can anyone, especially the QB throw the ball forward underhand?? When it is done in the endzone, it is a safety, get a rulebook out. The refs called it right. Or they could have gone intentional grounding, he wasn't outside the tackles, the ball was 10 yards from the nearest guy and it didn't make it to the line of scrimmage. In the endzone, an intentional grounding is a safety. Either call was correct, but I think the better one was made.

He threw it underhand, and you guys are complaining about it, unreal.

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
Originally Posted By: zamboni
Chester Taylor ran all over them, as well.

10 rushes for 29 yds. Yeah, he lit'm up.

You forgot about a catch he made. After these guys catch the ball, they run, see.

I didn't count the reception as that's not a run. Plus, throw that play out and he really didn't do all that much. I figure if we are throwing out plays such as INT's for TD's and punt returns for TD's to suit your argument, I can then ignore his long TD catch also. I can play too, see.

Since when can anyone, especially the QB throw the ball forward underhand?? When it is done in the endzone, it is a safety, get a rulebook out. He threw it underhand, and you guys are complaining about it, unreal.

A forward pass is a forward pass. It doesn't have to be a conventional overhand throw.

I think the explaination the ref gave of the first safety was pretty poor. i don't think it could have been an illegal forward pass, that would only come if it was already thrown forward and then it was thrown again, like a forward latteral.

The real call should have been explained as intentional grounding. It didn't appear that there was a reciever near where Rogers threw the ball so it doesn't matter if it it was overhand, underhand, behind the back, or between the legs.

As I have said before I would rather watch the twins loose than the vikings win. were terrble and the teams we play arent that good either the NFL is all a bout money and stupid refs. Go Twins

Originally Posted By: gopher_nation

If you count 2 runs, a 3 yard pass and a tipped at the line, lucky it didn't get picked 19 yarder as a great drive than yeah, he got them in position. The most telling part of that drive, was sitting on it for a 50 yarder. No way they sit on that field position if Farve is back there.

I don't believe the Packers scored many BECAUSE of Rodgers today-Gus had HOW MANY TD passes?

Ya Gus is fantastic (he's a marginal QB at best)crazy Rodgers should be chewing his O-line out for their performance.

The Packers secondary made some great plays. They do lead the league in INT's returned for TD's.

Special teams are a huge part of winning & losing football games as well. It's ridiculous to say "If they didn't return that punt for a TD...or If they didn't return that INT for a TD."

How about that phantom pass interference on Al Harris on a 3rd & 12??? The receiver ran into him and threw him aside....and a couple of marginal holding calls on GB's O'line. Aikman even commented on those penalties.

As bad as the Pack played, they still had a chance to win that game. The division could have a 3 way tie at 5-5 after this weekend. If the Giants keep winning, the purple will have an easy game with them. They won't play their starters for the last game.