• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am thinking of buying a new/used 12 gauge. I've looked at both semi-auto and pumps in camoflauge. Looking to spend about $300 range. I know the quality of Winchester and Remington, but other brands I am not so sure such as Mossbergs, Stoegers, NEI, and the like. Are acrylic stocks and wood stocks just a personal preference? Any information would be helpful in my decision what brands to stay away from.

they might feel cheap but they offer maximum performance in a low priced pump gun why do ya think Tom Knapp shoots one prolly reliability eh not to mention easy to care for I clean mine once a year thats it

Quote:
why do ya think Tom Knapp shoots one prolly reliability eh not to mention easy to care for I clean mine once a year thats it

that is nice...my nova usually gets wet and all that and need to clean it so it does not rust!

but overall the Nova is a great gun, shoots great and does not feel cheap at all, IMO.

Quote:
why do ya think Tom Knapp shoots one prolly reliability eh not to mention easy to care for I clean mine once a year thats it

that is nice...my nova usually gets wet and all that and need to clean it so it does not rust!

but overall the Nova is a great gun, shoots great and does not feel cheap at all, IMO.

AMEN QUACK

Originally Posted By: Quackaddict9
Quote:

AMEN QUACK

i guess thats why theres more than one brand!! i have shot novas and they aim nice when u bring them up.... is the forearm on ur guys guns wiggly i shot my cousins and when u held it u could move it back and forth

yup my wiggles but dont notice it every nova wiggles maybe its something with how the gun cycles a loose gun with cycle faster IMO. had mine since they came out and its still the same. i did tighten the set scrrew but it did not tighten it much.

dan and quack....i didnt mean to dis the nova i guess thats why they felt cheap to me was the loose forearm it could be thats why they cycle faster ive never tried rapid firing one....they are a nice lookin gun for the price but id have to say im stickin w/ my bps wink

the Super Nova as mentioned was changed to eliminate some of the rattle and the receiver is heavier as well as a 3 1/2" chamber. Not sure on the regular Nova. I think it was only a 3" if I'm not mistaken. It has a slightly different trigger guard on it also.

stay away from the mossbergs, I've had nothing but trouble with them. Its 50-50 on whether it will be collecting dust in your closet or on the bottom of the pond come last day of the season. Mine made it to the closet, barely, where it will sit til shell freezes over or every other firearm in existance breaks. I wont even sell it cause its just not right to do people like that.

Yes, Stoeger is part of the Benelli family of guns. I have the Stoeger 2000 and for the money, I think it is a great gun. It has a version of the Benelli inertia system to cycle the shells, which in my opinion has worked great. I have shot a lot of rounds through it without cleaning it and it has never failed me.