• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help me pick on of these sleepers based on the fishing. I'm new to MN

WI  Women Fish

Here are my choices for sleeper shack rentals. I'm trying to stay under 400 miles from my house so these are what I came up with, Hunters Point, Appledorns, Hunter Winfields or Rocky Reef. Can anyone tell me who does the best job or putting you near fish. Also can you tell me if they pack a bunch or units close together or are your pretty spread out? Last question, whats the best time of year to go? Any help would be great.

Might not be a bad idea to post this in the Mille Lacs forum?

I personaly have not stayed at any of the resorts but I can tell you from personal experience that Paul at Appledorns is a great guy!

The resorts are in business to have people catch fish. If they are biting the resorts will have you on them!!

Hey Barb

Resorts are in the business to make the customer happy, some do that better than others.

Because I've stayed there and dealt with Paul first hand, I would highly recommend Appeldoorns. Paul will make sure your stay is a good one!

I cannot comment on the others since my knowledge on them is limited, but if they've been in business several years, they must be doing something right wink

M.L. is going to be a tough bite this winter (lots of forage base), if you can swing it I'd head a little farther north to maybe Leach or Red.

Like mentioned before, all of the resorts you listed are good and will take care of you but it you want to catch fish I'd probably pass for this winter.

I would have to agree with fishingguy ML wont be the best choice for ice fishing this year. I would consider Red or LOTW for sme generally consistent action on the ice. Both are very fun lakes and LOTW is awesome because its a walleye day bite! Dont rule out winnie either

Good info on the fishing. Which ones would you recommend then for LOTW or Red. I'm trying to organize a big group thing so good fishing would be great. I would hate to get linched by the mob. These women can get a might cranky if you know what I mean. I have never ice fished MN so I thought I better do it before I get much older and the artificial joints start to rust. LAMBJM, I will let you MN gals know what we come up with. Maybe you can show us a thing or two. B

You can never go wrong with LOTW. There always seem to be fish around. You should have no issues finding a few for the pan each day. Any decent resort will keep you on fish.

I cant speak on red because I only fished it through the ice one night 6 years ago and it wasnt from a sleeper house.

If you had any lake to fish in MN I'd do LOW hands down. Red is a close second but on LOW you stand a realistic chance at a real trophy.

Last year our group of 6 brought home a limit (8 fish each) and had two fish fry's while there for for 4 days. Went out of Adrians.