Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hanronson

Gun mounts for ice auger holder?

9 posts in this topic

I cant seem to find an ice auger holder for the front rack on my ATV. I have found gun mounts for ATV's, will they work OK for ice augers? Thanks for any replies.

There are alot of people that use them.

Yep, I believe I used the Mad Dog brand mounts. These aren't specific to guns and are just a general purpose yoke-style mount. Guns, shovels, etc. I mounted three on the front rack to hold my Jiffy. They work great.

Mad Dog makes a mount system specifically for ice augers...a great system.

Many guys are just as happy with the gun mount or universal Mad Dog mounts...depending on the application.

They also work well inside a clam shack to secure a auger in transit and can be mounted on the cross seat bar.

Cabelas carries the mad dog ones, they are either in the atv section or the ice fishing as they were in both about 2 weeks ago, we have these on both of our machines.

Thanks for all the input! I just got back from SW and decided to get the Mad Dog ATV ice auger mount. It looks to be alot more secure than the gun mounts. (mounts on three points instead of two)

Good choice on the Mad Dog auger mount. I bought the gun mounts first and had a hard time keeping the auger head in place. Now the auger mount is flawless. Auger head stays stills even in rough conditions.

MJ

I've had good luck with the universal mounts. I strap a bungee over the auger gear case just for good measure, but other than that I leave the auger on the rack when the ATV is pulled down the road on the trailer. It took a few adjustments to get the three mounts where they need to be to hold the Jiffy and it's curved handle, but it sits solid now.

I'm not sure what the auger mount costs but it may be cheaper than buying two sets of two universal mounts which I had to do (need three to hold the auger) as I didn't find the auger mounts when I was making the purchase.

Just purchased a Ryan. Solid, rubber coated with several tie down points on base. Will last a lifetime, did not think same of others I saw.