• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lodging

Hey Doop,

Barry is a pretty good guy, I see him at the sports shows once in awhile. I fished over there a few times when I was younger before I bought my own resorts. If you need any info on laker fishing just let me know.

Dont be afraid to go with Barry on your ice fishing trip. Hes a straight shooter on what to expect, so if you like what he has to offer, you'll have a good time. Myself and my family has known him for many years dealing with him both on buissness and personal items, great guy.

thanks guys...I appreciate it...I know both of you have great operations. I really have no idea which one to look further in to. lol I have finally convinced my dad to tag along on an ice fishing trip. It's been over 20 years since I've ice fished with him. (i'm very excited!) Needless to say I'm hopeful that we'll get into some big pike wherever we go. If you want....feel free to e-mail me with what you have to offer. [email protected]

Thanks for the replies!

We have been going up there the past few years over pres day weekend. We've always had at least one day of our trip at -20 degrees but the fishing has been pretty good. We do lots of running with sleds but have had very good walleyes and trout. It a very fun trip. Browns do a good job to help their customers any way they can it seems.

There is so much water to fish out of Brown's resort..lakers in clearwater, greytrout and white otter, walleyes nearby, and if you do go make sure you ask about the splake and brookie lakes nearby. We always take a part day and hit them. Lots of diversity. Does seem like both times I was there it never got above zero tho and the last morning there a couple years ago was -31, brrrrrrr grin

Ive only been up there during soft water season but Barry and Carol do whatever they can to help you out. The fishing has been excelent but its been years since i caught a laker...but thats because i havnt targeted them for years wink. it is a great opperation and you should not have a problem with them at all

some of the lakers that have been taken through the ice there are easily over 40lbs