• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Am I crazy?

T-water

Yeah once I got cold I could not warm up! That with the wind picking up and fish not cooperating and the the vikes screwing the pooch it was time to hang it up. I'll still do more wading in the river and eventually ice fishing but the boat is getting ready to take a nap. Besides someones gotta finish raking all these leaves! With all that said if it we get a 50 degree day I'll probably be back out in the boat!

I fished last Sunday and it was snowing the whole time. Just flurries, but still. Guides were ok for the first couple of hours then I was only casting about 15 yards and I'm like what the.. then I noticed the ice on the guides - D'oh!

Yup it chilly out there. I may have one last run this weekend before I call it quits and wait for the ice.

I've been out today checking out lakes to see which ones I may be able to get on in the boat. The first four I checked were either almost completely frozen over or had ice too thick to bust up on shore. I did finally find one without any ice at the access. Now if only the forecast will hold up, it should be a nice day on the lake.

I actually blew 3 hours searching areas that were too deep. I ended up finding them just inside the deep weedline, which was around 12 feet, up to about 7 feet. They seemed to be schooled up around areas with nice crispy green coontail on points and inside turns next to flats. I was throwing slow falling plastics. I'd say it was a great end to my open water season, but I'm headed back out sometime this week. Maybe I am crazy.