• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Am I crazy?

T-water

Okay don't answer that question... I'm planning on going fishing tomorrow probably try to hit a lake around annandale. It's been 3 weeks since I've been out had some nice success at that time hoping to have at least one more good trip. First, Is it worth it. Second what would you guys be throwing and where. Any help is appreciated.

Your not crazy, I went out today and scored 3 nice smallies. After 90 minutes and my 4th frozen backlash, I headed home. The fish were in 8 FOW and came on cranks. Air temp 24, wind chill 10 and water temp 40.

001-Copy.jpg

nope i don't think you are crazy i was out on friday in the snow and caught probably 10+ bass and a few bonus crappies and walleyes ( sorry for saying the 'w' word but they do taste awefully good)

All of the good bass came out of 20-32 fow i am guessing they were wintering there

Never caught bass in the snow before. Suprisingly the water temp on friday was 52.

IMAGE_249.jpg

What a change in weather. Here's a pic of a nice one I got Thursday. I went out both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday wasn't too bad out of the wind but Sunday was below freezing so I was having all sorts of icing problems. I did manage a couple bass each day in the 18 inch range.

l_687162789db441a082c840ba07537320.jpg

as for what and where?? I got mine on jigs around the deep weed edge, and believe it or not a spinnerbait.

I was already to go but woke up sick as a dog. It killed me laying in bed watching the trees perfectly still. I'm still gonna give it a try maybe next weekend, thanks for all the photos real motivating!

Quote:
is it worth trying to get out this time of year still?

Not really unless you're a die hard or know a good spot. That being said, I'll be out this weekend. Big Buddy heater will be along. I'm not that crazy - sheesh

I went out yesterday for 5 hours. Ended up with 10 bass. The biggest 3 were about 18.5 inches. Once I figured out were they were at, they were acually pretty active. They were positioned on weedy points and inside turns. A 3/32 ounce jighead with a sweet beaver was the ticket. They were hitting it good and engulfing the bait. Very fun day! I'll be back out on Sunday for sure.

Went to Cedar in Wright Cty today caught a few pike missed a few other bites (seemed like bass) Eventually my hands started freezing up and I said goodbye to softwater for a while. I'll spend a few nights getting stuff put away clean out the boat etc... Winter is coming.

Made it out yesterday as planned. It was colder than forcasted, but just warm enough to keep the guides from iceing up. Got 11 bass and a big perch. The bass were mostly small with a couple in the 18 inch range. Jigworm got most of them, one on a rattletrap. Just outside the deep weedline on wind blown points.