Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmc

Otter Ice Resort house owners.......

7 posts in this topic

My dad recently purchased the Otter Ice Resort house and we're wondering if the Big Buddy heater will be enough to heat it? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian on most days you will be ok but when it gets real cold and windy you will want another small heater to help get the chill out.

1 big buddy on a cold day, no way! 1 sunflower heater on a cold day may be pushing it. The resort is like two large portables in one. Heating it might require the same thinking.

Ya 1 heater per side would be better. I know there has been days in my Otter Lodge that a sunflower heater on med wasnt enough.

A big buddy on 1 side and sunflower on the other should be ok most days. 2 sunflowers may be needed when cold and windy. Depends on how warm ya like it. I like it Hot and no ice building up in my holes.

Brian you should e-mail me about some snakors for your aprons. They help a ton and no freezing up of the apron with sluch etc.

always been good for me accept around 20 below or more. otherwise it heats me out. learned that one on red last year. with the wind and just plain cold i didnt even hole hop.