• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

anyone get anything?

PmDavis300

The only deer I saw today is now in my freezer! Good thing for those freezer filler tags! The wind sucked today, I should've had motion sickness medicine today! I will be hunting for the big buck now!

Saw a "flash of brown".... went to check it out....found 2 scrapes that had been freshened. Wind was swirling around, and coming from everywhere.That made it impossible to be DOWNWIND from any trail. That was it for us.....except for one little incident........... We were cold, and frustrated from the wind etc., so we went to the truck for a sandwich and to warm up a little. About 11:00 we were discussing options etc.............

when a beautiful mature buck burst out of the public woods we were hunting, crossed the road 30 yards away from us and burst into some private(no hunting area) land, while our jaws dropped in shock. What a beautiful buck!!!We debated if it was a 6 or 8 pt, but the body was in the 180 # range. gorgeous!!!

I shot a nice 8 point at 725am on Saturday morning - 50 miles NW of two harbors. It was COLD and WINDY so I just sat on our driveway (which is 2 miles long)- thinking if I got too cold I would just go to the shack and warm up.

Just as I was debating on weather to go inside I see brown walking down the drive. I pull up by 7mm WSM and notice horns. Pull the trigger about a foot above the back.

You ask why a foot above the back? Well finding the deer went 10 yards in to woods to the east it turned out to be a great shot at 472 YARDS!!!!

I have never shot that far but felt comfortable since I was sitting on a chair with an arm rest. Straight shot with no obstructions.

Everyone in our party were amazed at the shot and result.

heres the pic of my buck couldnt get the ones of my dads, go this one sunday morn. total saw 17 deer had shots at many but held up and it paid off. this ones a 9 and my dad got a nice 8 with a much bigger body about 200 yrds away from me. DSCN0619-2.jpg

saw 2 does on sat 4 on sunday too far around 150 yards too far with the wind the way it was got down to i believe 8 including windshield. snowed almost all day both days. had on 5 sweatshirts plus overalls 2 stocking caps plus balacalava 3 pairs of socks man i looked like the MICHELIN TIRE GUY i dont think i could have held my rifle and shot anything anyways he he. enjoyed the time out and there will be more hunting to come