Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
18 inch Crappie

New Orange Otter Ice Houses at FF

18 posts in this topic

Any one check out the Otter Ice house Packages at FF? They have a med size with bench seat and velcro windows for $349 but can not find them on any web site? They are black with orange top. That same house the green Cabin is $599 with a bench seat from the Otter site.

The Wild series is a real nice house for the price. Bench seat gives you good seating room as well as a place to set your unused gear when fishing.

Same Otter quality we all love at a nice price.

I think I will be running the 1 man wild series house for early ice this season.

I think those have a cheaper thinner fabric than the real otters don't they?

I am looking at those also.I think this is thier HSOforum.

http://www.wild-outdoors.com/

Scott

Thanks that was what I was looking for, they are not on Otters web site. Thats why I asked. Thought they were custom made for FF because of the orange color.

yep the wild houses use a 600 denier while the true otter houses use a 900 denier, but I think for the price and the fact that they are 12 pounds lighter they would be great for hole hopping

I have one of the two man and just got it set up today seems like a nice house.

Sifty

I bought one of these at gander last spring for a really cheap price. I paid under 250.00!! after taxes! The only problem is that the tub is too small for the brackets for the seat!1 they claimed that is was not opened and was the right parts but it was not! I just did some mods of my own and waaalllaaa. Its even better now!Ha! they are nice and light for one person to lift into a truck.

The commercial on tv says that the people who fish out of these have "more fun" and it's true!lol!

I saw the 2 man in the ad at Fleet Farm at a pretty good price. Anybody know what the 1 man sells for?

Im pretty sure the Wild sleds are a bit more lifted on the front sides but are a very heavy duty sled and are very durable. Like I tel everyone. Put Hyfax on your sled and you wont have any worries.

I think you are correct Northlander. I sat on the seat on the front side of the Wild sled that was on display. The whole thing tipped forward ... that doesn't happen with my otter lodge.

Quote:
The whole thing tipped forward ... that doesn't happen with my otter lodge.

If you have a bench seat and sit on the very end of any empty sled that has curved up front, it will tip. Unless the sled is big enough to displace your body weigh. Most med. sized shacks are not that big.

The Team Wild sled is very nice. It does have a raised front and a nice cut out on the side for fishing.

WildOutdoors-SportSleds-Web.jpg

I got one of the Team Wild 3 this year and it is a very nice setup for the price. Looks cool also wink

If you look at otters website, you can find a link for Team Wild right at the bottom of the home page.

http://www.otteroutdoors.com/

or go right to their website:

http://www.wild-outdoors.com

I have one of the two man and just got it set up today seems like a nice house.

Sifty

I'm looking at one of these as well, Can you tell me how tall it is when collapsed? I only have 20.5" clearance under my bed cover on my pickup, will it fit? They claim 16" in the info. but I find that hard to believe with a bench (even folded)...