• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tires for a 1997 Ford Taurus

P205/65R15's

Im looking at the Mastercraft Sensys 01's

Looks like a nice tire design and being a sister company of Cooper Im thinking they will be a good tire for the hills and snow of Duluth?

Anyone have feedback on these tires and or a better alternative in the same price range?

If your looking for the best snow tire I would consider looking at the Blizzak by Bridgestone. The customers that buy them won't drive on anything else in the winter. I had them on my prelude and drove through some pretty nasty stuff with no problems!! Including wolf creek pass (southern Colorado) in a chains or snow tires only conditions, they closed down the road about 10 minutes after we got through! They are an exclusively winter tire and depending on how many miles you put on you can get a couple of years out of them. If you drive on them one winter you will never drive on anything else again!!!

Air we had Blizzaks already. Great winter tires but I dont want to have to get another set for summer. I got 2 winters out of the Blizzaks and we now run the all season Michelons and I dont think they were worth the $. Poor sidewalls.

This car should only be in the family another 2-3 years so Im looking for a good all season in the $100-$125 range.

Any recomendations? Im getting all 4 put on next saturday.

My tire guy recomended these mastercrafts but I have no experience with them.

By the way I just put 4 Dayton Timberline A/T's on my F-150 and they handled good in the snow/slush the other day and a nice ride. Opinion on them?

Its too bad they discontinued the Goodyear Regatta. On second thought if you can find a set of those they are not bad tires all around. I put a set on the MIL grand prix and she likes them a lot.

Otherwise I am experimenting with the goodyear assurances. I have a set on the wifes minivan and am looking forward to see how well they do in the winter.

The Goodyear Regatta is gone frown

They have to just be renaming it?

The Continental ContiTrac was a great all-season tire on the Taurus. Sold many and customers had good feed back on them wink.

Otherwise I am experimenting with the goodyear assurances. I have a set on the wifes minivan and am looking forward to see how well they do in the winter.

Went through 3 sets of these, one set triple tred and 2 of the assurance, best tire for a minivan or small SUV. the triple treds would go through anything

Yup, the Regatta, one of the best tires Goodyear ever produced, is being discontinued!

18, thats good to know on the assurances. I didn't spring for the triple treads (if it was my car I might have grin).

Steve, the one thing that drives me crazy is the customers that shop for tires with there wallet. If you plan on dumping the vehicle before the tires are done than shop with the wallet. If your going to keep the car than get a set of tires that will compliment the vehicle. Are there good less expensive tires out there, you bet. Can you get a much better tire that you will likely be way more impressed with as far as ride comfort/traction/longevity for not a whole lot more, absolutely!

I would take a look at the Comfortreds. They have a similar tread pattern. Should be priced in the same ball park (maybe cheaper with the mail in rebate). 80,000 mile tire vs. 70k

This doesn't apply to you but the only Goodyear I would stay away from is the Fortera truck/suv tire. These are turning out to be some seriously problem plagued tires!!!

My tire guy says he sells a lot of them and people are happy with them. He hasnt steered me wrong yet so we will see on this one. I have never ran these either but do see them on a few cras around here.

Like I said they are a sister company of Cooper from what Im told so they should be ok. Although I did have 1 set of Coopers a while back that I wasnt too impressed with for the $ either.

Time will tel.