• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

*2008 HSO/FM Deer Season Reports and Results!*

Shack

The groups weekend was great. Friday started of with some greenhead shooting. And sat. two bucks were shot and a big doe. Hunting around Madelia area only two other shots heard around area. One buck is going on the wall a real thick 8 pointer with a green score of about 135 and dressed weight of 175 lbs which is the biggest dear killed in our party since the land was purchased twenty years ago. When registering only one other deer was registered and this is the closest registration stop for about a thirty mile radious. Talked to other hunters a hotel and not much action for them. That snow really helped us on sat. the bucks were moving around every where on our property. Next weekend is rooster hunting for me they are everywhere too.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dspohn,

Man that is a nice buck. grin

I think that one might just be a wall hanger wink I would be proud to mount it, but that is just me grin.

FishNovice101,

Nice buck and great Opener Pics cool

I don't hunt until the 3B season, I love seeing all these pictures and reading all the stories. A friend I used to teach with, but currently teach his son, were out this weekend and the son got his first deer, a doe at 30 yards from the ground. No blind, no support and he dropped it right there.

Had a great weekend hunting with my son. He got his first deer, spike. Being in the stand with him was extra special. He can't wait to go back next weekend to get "a bigger one" since my tag is still open. I'll have to break it to him gently that I plan to head back up Thursday and he needs to stay in school. We are 3 for 4 and hunt north of Duluth. Very little deer movement Sunday in that wind.

I unfortunatly missed a big bruiser Saturday morning and have been replaying the whole situation in my mind ever since!!!! I can't believe I missed from 40 yards!!!!! I was 20ft in a tree that was swaying in the wind my adrenaline was pumping as I was shaking and I picked an opening and missed high......I tried to not look at the rack but I know the body was huge and the rack was tall and wide......I am so down as I can't believe I missed a chip shot!

Sat all weekend and didn't see anything. I developed some trail cam film last night and now I know why smile Plus the 35 mph sustained wind. Oh well. Will have to try again 3rd weekend.

wolves2.jpg

Dropped my 24th career buck, Nov. 9th at 8:01 AM. All alone sneaking through his area. I had 13 different bucks on my trail cam set at 1 spot for 2 weeks between Oct.19th-Nov.2nd, over 1 single ground scrape. Funny thing is I have had my land for sale for about 3 years or so since the state record non-typical with a muzzleloader was shot either on my land or on the neighboring piece, anyway this 14 pointer could've been anybodies, I saw 6 bucks the first 2 days of season, finally a mature one at 8:01. I was the guy with the rants about baiting, see, you need no bait, you need decent land and don't shoot immature bucks, all trophy bucks were at one time a runt. Not sure how to post pictures yet. Good luck all !

ddp- what part of the state these wolves in? NE or N/NW? or even somewhere else...

Ozziie- That has to hurt! Hopefully you can get another shot at a nice buck or even the same one you saw. I don't think there is a law on how high you can be up in a tree confused

tippman,

OK now your just showing off!!! time to pull your tags and remove your gun for about two years you lucky SOB!!!! AND wipe that smirk off your face because we all know your loving it to death.

By the way good job!(jeoulous in brd)

mr

Sat all weekend and didn't see anything. I developed some trail cam film last night and now I know why smile Plus the 35 mph sustained wind. Oh well. Will have to try again 3rd weekend.

wolves2.jpg

wolves in an area means theres deer around they have to have something eat right? so if there would be no deer there would be no wolves!

Hey Quack, Northeast MN - Brimson/Fairbanks area - 20 miles or so NW or Two Harbors. The locals up there had mentioned there's a black wolf up there with a collar. I can't tell from the pic but it doesn't look like it has one. Probably hidding in the fur. I don't know much about wolves but understand they make a 2 week loop of a large area. Hopefully they don't make it back for the 3rd weekend. I have another trail cam in a different area that had a loner wolf and the pic before that was a buck going full tilt. not very good quality pic but you can see his front legs off the ground.

deer5-1.jpg

Dropped my 24th career buck, Nov. 9th at 8:01 AM. All alone sneaking through his area. I had 13 different bucks on my trail cam set at 1 spot for 2 weeks between Oct.19th-Nov.2nd, over 1 single ground scrape. Funny thing is I have had my land for sale for about 3 years or so since the state record non-typical with a muzzleloader was shot either on my land or on the neighboring piece, anyway this 14 pointer could've been anybodies, I saw 6 bucks the first 2 days of season, finally a mature one at 8:01. I was the guy with the rants about baiting, see, you need no bait, you need decent land and don't shoot immature bucks, all trophy bucks were at one time a runt. Not sure how to post pictures yet. Good luck all !

Nice post man with some very good points, wish more people felt that way. Congrats on the buck! Wish we could see it! grin

Browning, Not sure if I am following you.... I didn't mean to blame the wolves for the lack of my success, I guess I just wanted to show some cool pics. But if you put a pack of wolves on your property, let me know how many deer you see. Yeah, there will always be deer around but their attitude changes quite a bit.

By the way, my uncle shot a doe.