Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeeDee

Working for Santa

15 posts in this topic

Well I was trying to decide if photography was an ideal career choice for me, confused so I am putting myself to the test. eek Today I started my new job as the photographer for Santa at the Daytona Beach Mall grin. Let me tell ya, I have NEVER had so much fun on my first day. grinlaugh I was afraid I might get nervous and shy away sick but NOPE my mouth was just as big as ever laugh and the kids were laughing santa was laughing, and the mom's...............dont like the mom's to much but most were ok. I cant wait for it to pick up and get really busy. And I really really wish I could post some of the pictures I took today. I'm just excited and wanted to share my new job.

Congrats DeeDee! It's great you found a way to do what you enjoy and make some money besides.

Don't you think it's a little early for Santa though. I mean, it's not Thanksgiving yet! Good Luck and have fun!

Great to hear DeeDee!

Sounds like a great gig! Have fun!

Good for you, DeeDee! Like they say, "make hay while the sun shines". Christmas will be over before you know it. By then you'll be ready for something else.

Yea, I thought it was a bit early myself but they are suprisingly busy. I am still having a great time, still dont care much for the mom's, and my feet really hurt from my 7x7 ft area I have to stand in all day.

Awesome DeeDee! I'm glad you're 1st day was great!! I knew you'd have a blast. Working with kids for 13 years was for the most part pretty fun but I had a few moms who were a pain in the beezwax too. They just can't seem to go with the flow and loosen up a bit.

Advice for your feet: cushy sox!! That's what helps me with my CNA job (being on my feet for 8 hours really takes its toll). My cousin who's an RN at a surgery center swears by those compression type sox that diabetics wear (they also call them pumper sox or TED sox).

I have heard of the TED socks. I may have to try them. Funny how I can go nonstop at walmart on concrete, pulling heavy pallets and standing lifting and everything else for 9+ hours, Here I only work 6+ hours. I think its just standing in place, that and I may have a heel spur cry I baby one foot and the other one pays for it.

Congratulations on your new adventure, DeeDee! I hope by the end of the holiday season you are still excited about photography! Here's to a season filled with cute kids, a jolly Santa, and plenty of egg nog! winkgrin

I may have to check into those socks. I was on my feet for almost 7 hours today, at a show, and they were getting sore halfway thru. My show next weekend is 9 hours Saturday and 8 Sunday. shocked That's way too many hours. Otherwise, I suppose I could wear my pac boots. grin One lady today told me about some type of rubber mat a person can buy for this purpose. It sounds like you buy small pieces and hook them together somehow. It sounds like that may work for standing in one place.

WHOO HOO I love eggnog!

X - There are 2 different mats one you can get at an office supply store and the other if you go to Walmart, target....go to sporting goods and they have equipmnet mat that you hook to gether like a puzle. They work pretty good

WHOO HOO I love eggnog!

Watch out for out of control reindeer, we wouldn't want you to get run over! wink