Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
DonBo

Looking Forward to Tomorrow Morning

While bowhunting in the metro area tonight (first time) I had about 30 turkeys roost all around me. At least 10 or 12 were big toms! With just 5 days left in the metro turkey zone I'm pretty excited about getting a crack at one with my bow in the morning. If it weren't for the bucks I saw tonight I would take my shotgun in there.

I just love being in the middle of a roosted flock when they wake up for a new day. Not gonna get much sleep tonight. smile

DonBo!!

How did the morning thing work out for you!!!

Still waiting for the pictures j/k!!! Hope you were able to connect, I don't know that I am going to make it out any more this season.

I scored this morning! Check out new topic "I Scored This Morning!" (up soon with picture)

Had a big flock in the field behind the house this morning... makes me wish I would've gotten a fall tag. Never hunted them buggers in autumn before...

This is just a small 10 acre spot a friend of my wife owns. She BEGGED me this spring to come and "kill some turkeys". Kinda disapointed her then when I could only get the archery license.

Turkeys are a lot of fun in the fall, a whole different game than in the spring. This was my 4th this fall from 3 different states!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• I just purchased a used 20 gauge for my 14 year old daughter. I hunt mostly state land for pheasants. It is a 2 3/4 auto with interchangeable chokes. What size steel shot and choke tube would you recomend for her?
    • I just got back from a work trip to MI. I could not believe the difference in ground cover. We traveled all the way from Dearborn back to Bemidji heading through the U.P.  Most of MI had very little ground cover but WI was flush, green everywhere! I only got to check a few spots at rest areas but I never saw a thing. The ground was dry at most spots on the way home. I'm gonna go hit my spot tomorrow, hopefully it hasn't been picked yet!
    • love those when ya see them!!!
    • Took the kayak crappie fishing opening weekend and when calm always bring with the DSLR with. These turtles are glad the weather has finally consistently warmed up. I always find it funny seeing turtles stacked on top of each other and found a few along with multiple species which was nice.     
    • I was going to hunt wi this weekend but fishing musky with my fly rod is what I will do instead.  Good luck!!!!!!!
    • Anyone still at it?   not sure that i will get Isaac out anymore, will still ask these last few days.   Good luck everyone.
    • Haha, sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and great perspective, Borch.  Plus, I think it's good to be upset about missing!  It motivates a guy to take more selective shots and make better shots.  My shot selection was ok, but my execution was not good.  I made a good shot at a stationary target, but the target was walking.  D-U-M, dumb!!!  Such is life!  Next year Morgan and I will shoot turkeys (as long as I can still get her out there).  
    • From what I read the idiot did not tell anybody....was asked to play in the World's and declined saying his wrists hurt so they made him go in and found the torn tendons...what a duffus.
    • It reminds me if the first year I took my son turkey hunting.  He had several close calls but didn't get a bird.  He was upset.  I said, "Why are you upset?  We got to hunt together for several days and had several exciting encounters.  If you shot one the first day we would have missed all that fun together"  He thought about it for a while and he smiled.  The older I get, the less its about the kill.  Reframing what I thought success was has added to my hunts.  Now, if I could get less upset when I miss a bird I'd have it all figured out.