• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Should be an interesting morning

DonBo

I started bowhunting a small piece of private property in the metro area tonight. The only time I have ever hunted here was turkeys this spring.

I saw 7 deer tonight including 2 bucks, though I couldn't tell how big. There was lots of rutting action.

I will be hunting here again in the morning, first time ever bowhunting during the gun season. That will be interesting in itself, but what really has me turned on is the turkeys! I have a turkey tag in my pocket and tonight I was in the middle of about 30 turkeys as the flew to roost. 10 - 12 were big toms! I would love to go in with my shotgun and try to bag one of those big boys, but the rut action has me sticking to my bow. Hopefully I can get a crack at one in the morning.

How cool would it be to bag a bird and a buck with my bow on opening morning of gun season?

Didn't go exactly as planned. The turkeys flew into a field 1/4 mile away and the only deer seen were fawns, one still had spots! Was still fun to dream about what could have been. I still have a couple more days to make something happen.

Good luck Don!!! How sweet would that be to bag a turkey and buck on the same hunt!!! Hoping to see that pic here in the next few days, keep after 'em!

Brian