• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Allen Fined $50K

zamboni

Jared Allen was fined today $50,000 for alleged low hits on Matt Schaub last sunday. To me, all his hits looked legal, and in fact the only bad hit involving Allen was the one were HE was tackled and injured his shoulder. No fine for THAT hit, however.

compared to the fine that Tuck received for taking down Brooks Bollinger, JA was raked over the coals.

Tucks hit looked perfectly legal to me. Didn't realize they allowed a bunch of Mama's boys into the NFL.

NFL = NO FUN LEAGUE

Goodell is destroying the NFL. He's turning this league into the NBA. Pretty soon the pads come off, then the helmets, and we insert flags on the players belts so they don't even have to tackle eachother anymore.

Pretty soon they are gonna have a rule saying a player can only two-hand touch quaterbacks! Man that'll be fun...

I can't believe how bad these calls are getting, some are good calls yes, but a lot of them are just plain dumb. Maybe they should switch from tackle football and go to a National flag football league, then we wouldn't have these issues? Ah yes, I can see it now "THE NFFL"...

Should QB's be protected agains't late unneccisary hits? Yes.

But when you are a defensive player that is two steps away for the QB, how do you know if he is going to pump fake or throw it? You can't stop yourself fast enough to not hit the guy.

In HS Ball there is no money on the line, there is no big name players that make money for the league so they don't need to protect anyone....

I say when you get a clear shot at the QB, take him out. Don't do it of course when it's an obvious late hit. Call me sadistic, but i like nothing more than the opposing team's QB taken out of the game. Or a wiely CB getting ran over by lets say...peterson..or jacobs.

unless of course it happens to one of YOUR players, right? Yeah, that's what I thought....

Everybody cried when Peterson got taken out last year, but now it's OK since one of your players did it to the opposing team. There's no double standard there...nah.

Houston coach Gary Kubiak made it clear that he never said Vikings defensive end Jared Allen tried to hurt quarterback Matt Schaub in last Sunday's game at the Metrodome. Allen was fined $50,000 by the NFL last week for two low hits on Schaub, who is expected to miss four games because of a torn medial collateral ligament in his left knee.

Kubiak and the Texans had sent three plays involving Allen into the league for review. "You haven't heard one thing from [me] or anybody on this football team saying that Jared Allen tried to hurt our quarterback," Kubiak told the Houston Chronicle. "The bottom line [is] we just tried to protect our player from [the kind of] hit that we think the league is trying to get rid of. But by no means do we think this young man was trying to hurt anybody."

unless of course it happens to one of YOUR players, right? Yeah, that's what I thought....

Everybody cried when Peterson got taken out last year, but now it's OK since one of your players did it to the opposing team. There's no double standard there...nah.

Hey I even said for the opposing team. You're darn right I make exceptions for my players. That’s called being a FAN. Being a sports fan...is irrational to begin with. Do not try to look for hypocrisy in sports, there’s tons of it and it’s moot.

This isn't politics :P

its football, and if you can take a hit, then you shoild be playing soccer!

i dunno...soccer seems to be more voilent than football...how many times you see a guy in football get kicked in the jewels. Or an entire country heck bent on takeing your head off.

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
Apples and Oranges anyone?... smirk

Big difference in the 2 hits/plays that you are refering to.

There sure was...Al Harris made a clean hit and wasn't flagged or fined. wink

No actually Al Harris after putting out a bounty on Adrian Peterson cheap shouted him by taking his knee out with a low hit cheap shot.

Where as Allen was just playing football and was fined by a bunch of candy azzz'z that run our league.

Glad I could clear this up for you Badge it is difficult for the guys that didn't play sports or don't understand sports to understand the huge difference in the 2.

Originally Posted By: Badger
Originally Posted By: PierBridge
Apples and Oranges anyone?... smirk

Big difference in the 2 hits/plays that you are refering to.

There sure was...Al Harris made a clean hit and wasn't flagged or fined. wink

No actually Al Harris after putting out a bounty on Adrian Peterson cheap shouted him by taking his knee out with a low hit cheap shot.

Where as Allen was just playing football and was fined by a bunch of candy azzz'z that run our league.

Glad I could clear this up for you Badge it is difficult for the guys that didn't play sports or don't understand sports to understand the huge difference in the 2.

I thought you were smarter than this Pier?? crazy Let me make it simple for you...read this slowly so it can register. Al Harris never was fined for the legal tackle on AP. Allen was fined for his low hits on the QB. That's the difference!LOL grin

It's OK that you never put a jock on. You sat in the shadows dreaming of hitting a home run, catching a TD, making that last 2nd shot. You probably did a great job popping the corn at the concession stand.