Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparcebag

Senate Vote Recount

47 posts in this topic

This is getting to show how well our voting process is ----Top in the Nation????? County counted votes twice?? Pine county missed 100 votes.Before a hand count there finding the vote count so screwed up just by getting it straight or trying to.700 votes have changed just from mistakes?? and their not 1/4 way through checking! Then the hand recount.

Wasn't Minn. officials bragging how accurate and smooth our voting go

This is something to be bragging about too. We make mistakes...but we sure as heck correct them! Minnesota is doing a great job making elections fair and accessible...unlike some other states we all had the happy time of getting to know in the past 2 elections.

The small margin kicks in the automatic recount. Pretty sad that it will cost an estimated $80,000. That's good use of taxpayer money.

I honesty don't have a problem with 80k. That's a rounding error. I don't see a problem with being accurate about who exactly is our elected offical. Especially in this election..where either Norm or Franken will need legitamcy.

Lets not get fussed over about this price, especially if it goes towards legitmazing our democracy.

I heard this morning on 1500, Al is only down by 200 votes now.

I honesty don't have a problem with 80k. That's a rounding error. I don't see a problem with being accurate about who exactly is our elected offical. Especially in this election..where either Norm or Franken will need legitamcy.

Lets not get fussed over about this price, especially if it goes towards legitmazing our democracy.

I do, how many homeless would that feed? How many months of rent does it pay for those on section 8? Could the schools use the extra? How about local transit? The DNR? Couple extra cops on the street for a year? Pay down the state budget? Fix a road?

Nope we're going to spend it to see which moron gets to live in washington on our dime. Very good use of money!!!

$.03 cents per ballot is what I heard.

Why that is I do not know? $80,000.00 is nothing compared to the lawyers fee's both parties are shelling out now, not to mention what both parties spent on this election.

i dont trust recounts. election officials are slippery. they are allowed to "interpret" votes. gee i wonder how they will be "interpreted" in duluth and minneapolis

How do they mess it up?? Aren't our votes the same statewide?? Fill in the circle? I heard people were putting check marks and poking holes??? Come on people!!!

There are errors at most any level of ballot counting. Humans (and things built by humans) introduce errors. Just a fact of life.

No point whining about it. We'll spend the taxpayer dollars to find out who really won (or at least give the lawyers something to fight about and accumulate billable hours), and if that's another symptom of an imperfect system, I'm sure we'll all move on and continue living our lives just like we did before Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee starting firing live ammunition at each other to win a Senate seat.

Originally Posted By: Loos15

I do, how many homeless would that feed? How many months of rent does it pay for those on section 8? Could the schools use the extra? How about local transit? The DNR? Couple extra cops on the street for a year? Pay down the state budget? Fix a road?

Nope we're going to spend it to see which moron gets to live in washington on our dime. Very good use of money!!!

come on sandman. I dont think there's a darn thing you would've been happy about. If we spent money on any of those things you suggested..you still be gripping.

Price of a HEIIFIRE missle = 68,000$ We use it to bomb goats and children in hope we might take out binladen hidding under the goats.

gripe about that.

by the way, that 68,000$ not adjusted for inflation. That was the price of the missles in the 90s.

If its all about cost lets just elect a govenor and let him/her appoint the senators. With legislative approval of course. crazy

At least the hellfire missile would be money spent on something good for all- Population Control grin Better spending money on population control then finding out which unfit candidate actually gets the job.

At least the hellfire missile would be money spent on something good for all- Population Control grin Better spending money on population control then finding out which unfit candidate actually gets the job.

.....there's many ways to control population...dont think Hfire missles or RPGs are efficent...or humane.

you woudln't be saying that if those same weapons were turned on Americans.

If your too retarded to fill out a ballot, your too retarded to have your vote count.. maybe thats just me.

My first thought about the recount was.

Instead of moving on, the bickering about each candidate here won't be over till the end of Nov.

Seriously, thats what I thought.

i dont trust recounts. election officials are slippery. they are allowed to "interpret" votes. gee i wonder how they will be "interpreted" in duluth and minneapolis

It is my understanding that there are usually a minimum of five individuals attending the recounts.

In this case I believe we'll have the following.

Election official actually counting

Election official to validate the count

Representative from Norm Coleman's campaign

Representative from Al Franken's campaign

Representative from Dean Barkley's campaign

There might be others that I haven't thought of.

Pretty tough for them to be too slippery. I'd be more inclined to think they'd have a hard time agreeing on some of the ballots.

Bob

I'm not gona defend either canidate...it is hard to do that for these guys.

but i will defend our democratic process. smile

After the officials correct their mathematical and other obvious errors, and hand recount will take place.

We are told the canvassing board will be inspecting "problem" ballots in order to determine voter intent. These are ballots where the voter didn't follow instructions.

Sooooooo..... whichever candidate is ahead at the time the canvassing board starts to look at the ballots, had better hope they have more mo®onic supporters than the other chump.

Is this a great country or what?!

Quote:
Sooooooo..... whichever candidate is ahead at the time the canvassing board starts to look at the ballots, had better hope they have more mo®onic supporters than the other chump.

Is this a great country or what?!

It's soooo funny and tragic at the same time. It really is, this election season is the comedic bit that keeps on giving. Cracks me up.

I would have to agree with the above- if your too stupid to know how to fill out a ballot correctly and too lazy to ask then your vote or lack there of doesnt count. Because seriously your too stupid to fill out a ballot so your clearly too stupid to know who your voting for.

Yes, population control is a scary topic but its a topic to be dealt with.

Pop. control UMMM I say they start gettin rid of all fishermen and hunters say UMMM under 50,then Govt officals ALL of them!