• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Butt Out

I can't say my experience was very positive. I had just taken my first bow buck this year and decided to give the butt out a try when field dressing. So I reviewed the instructions on the package and leaned over the buck, inserting the butt out as far as I could and twisting. It didn't really help with field dressing at all, just made the whole experience really painful. . Thumbs down to the butt out tool. I'm not sure how they can keep selling those things.

They really work???

Last year my brother pretty much shot the bu** out of a buck trying to get it. I thought it would certainly make a nice gift (he wouldn't have to waste more bullets) and we could get a good laugh.

I bet he'd use it too though.

I've never tried one of these. What do you do just cut the buttparts off inside the deer and then twist it out with this? Or is this thing just supposed to make it easiery to get it out as it loosens it from the pelvis?

It works great. just got done useing it for the first time. Just cut out around the but after inserting and twisting and pulling out a few inches. after tract is cut loose pull out the rest. didnt need to break the briskit at all. lots easier.

I used it on two deer yesterday. Worked great! I unsuccessfully used it once last year. After rereading the directions it worked better for me. I think the key is to not pull the canal out until it tears but just to that point. THen you tie a tight string around it thus sealing in the pellets. Cut the canal then right after your string. Now when you do the rest of your field dressing the whole canal comes out the rest of the way from the inside with the string attached keeping all pellets inside the canal and not spoiling any meat or making any fuss. Hope I explained it well. I do think it works well.

Sounds like just one more gadget that needs to be added to your pockets. I'll continue with the sharp knife to cut around the [PoorWordUsage] and just tie it off. Then pull that string from the inside of the cavity. No pellets and no cutting the pelvic canal.