Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Sandmannd

Safety Vest in the stand

I haven't hunted deer from a stand before. I'm using a per in between three trees. I got the "Fall Guy" which you get a vest, then a retractable belt mounts to the tree. You got twenty feet on there so you can wear it going up and down. I feel safe in the stand, but I think I'll feel safer up there with this on. Anyone else wear these? They are on sale at fleet from for $72. They are normay $119. Sizes up to xxl.

I have a Fall Guy as well.. Best invention ever in my opinion. Safe from the time your foot leaves the ground, till the time it hits it again. $72 is cheaper than a wheel chair or a casket.

brassman,

the weight was an issue with me regarding the HSS so I purchased the Gorilla and really like it. The Gorilla comes with a little knife incase you have to cut yourself loose and it's allot lighter.

mr

1 in 3 hunters will have a treestand-related fall in their lifetime. Everyone should have a full-body harness and wear it in the stand.

The addition of climbing belts and ascending ropes is genius. You owe it to yourself, your hunting party and your family to protect yourself.

Good luck and be safe