Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandmannd

Safety Vest in the stand

6 posts in this topic

I haven't hunted deer from a stand before. I'm using a per in between three trees. I got the "Fall Guy" which you get a vest, then a retractable belt mounts to the tree. You got twenty feet on there so you can wear it going up and down. I feel safe in the stand, but I think I'll feel safer up there with this on. Anyone else wear these? They are on sale at fleet from for $72. They are normay $119. Sizes up to xxl.

I have a Fall Guy as well.. Best invention ever in my opinion. Safe from the time your foot leaves the ground, till the time it hits it again. $72 is cheaper than a wheel chair or a casket.

I just bought the hunter safety system and I like it but it is a bit heavy. Once you get it on though its not bad. Can't put a price on safety.

brassman,

the weight was an issue with me regarding the HSS so I purchased the Gorilla and really like it. The Gorilla comes with a little knife incase you have to cut yourself loose and it's allot lighter.

mr

I wear the HSS Pro Mesh one and it doesn't seem all that heavy. Can't put a price on the seatbelt leg straps and lineman's belt. Awesome.

1 in 3 hunters will have a treestand-related fall in their lifetime. Everyone should have a full-body harness and wear it in the stand.

The addition of climbing belts and ascending ropes is genius. You owe it to yourself, your hunting party and your family to protect yourself.

Good luck and be safe