• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend plans.......roll call!

cjac

Hey all,

Many are headed deer hunting I'm sure......what are the plans?

Me...weather permitting, I'd really like to head out. Maybe trolling, or maybe try the QS rig approach. Not sure yet. The 20+mph winds with the 35 degree temps forecasted for Saturday are a bit discouraging. I'll be in the metro area regardless.

Whatever you do; please put safety first....be it woods or water. To use the Boy Scout motto...Be Prepared.

if i can brave it i'm hitting the mississippi again. i'll try a few dozen areas off shore and see how it goes. anybody see the minnehaha falls? you could get more from a faucet than whats running over. the creek is almost dry. or at least it was tuesday. i doubt this little amount of rain will change that.

but thats a good thing. whistle

will be Tonka sat, sun, mon.....this weekend should be really, really good....they have to turn on big time soon, i have been out alot, alot too know they havent been on for some time and its going to break soon and my guess is its this weekend, just keep your hands as dry as possible and in tact for the multiple feeding windows ... typically crush em w/ a cold front like this, this time off year..hope they go nutz!!

Planning on fishing the metro hard all weekend, not sure where yet. Got casting setups, trolling setups, all ready to go.

There's a big girl who tried for my pike who i'm pretty sure i'm gonna go chase for a while. ;-)

No fishing for me this weekend. Instead probably drinking with friends, and probably way more than I'd like to. When you aren't around them on the weekend for 3 months straight because you're fishing, I expect to be on the receiving end a lot while playing drinking games.

I do hope to get in 1 more fishing outing this year though before I hang it up. Unlike many of you I don't partake in the frostbite.

Good luck to all who get out and brave the elements for muskies with this weather!

I still have a doe tag and don't think I could miss deer opener for anything. And if a really nice buck walks by my brother might be nice enough to let me use his tag since we'll be hunting together.

Originally Posted By: VahnTitrio
Unlike many of you I don't partake in the frostbite.

I have never gotten frostbite fall fishing?

Frostbite is how I refer to ice fishing. I'll fish late fall usually, up to the point where you have to dip the rod in the water to de-ice the guides. The boat has been winterized, so any fishing would be out of a 14ft aluminum cartop powered by a 25lb electric trolling motor. On a light wind day it'll be alright for a small lake, but no big lakes and no windy days for me.

All i'm going to throw is a squirrely bert.

from now until it gets dark, or until I get too cold.

Going out solo and without a net, I'd rather see fish today than catch them probably.

ah who am i kidding, I'll try and come back with some stories.