• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New matthews?

PerchJrkr

I was told today by Archery Country that it will have an IBO of 340-360! That sure seems high. Next week is when they announce.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get one in 70lbs after losing my elk this year d/t poor penetration. Anyone need an Outback? grin

Today is the 17 and that should mean we get to see a new bow or two. i've heard some people say they are releasing 3 or 5 this year but not sure if i believe all of that but regardless im dying to see. So i tried to get on the matthews HSOforum to see if they have the new bows posted but it wouldn't let me said the server wasnt working so has anyone seen the new line up yet?!? If someone could can you post the pictured on here otherwise i will just wait until it works.

So just curious how much forgivness or acuracy are you giving up with going with a 6.5 brace height instead of a 7? can it really make that much difference. i read an article that since i have a short 27inch draw that going with a smaller brace height wont hurt. Im sure liking that reezen everytime i look at just makes me want to buy one!

That was my biggest concern about this new bow when I heard about the IBO was accuracy. I wonder what the forgiveness will be like with these amazingly fast speeds? I wouldn't give up accuracy for speed, we'll see when the reviews start coming in I guess.

I made a trip to Archery Country in St. Cloud this past weekend to shoot a couple bows and ended up coming home with a Matthews Reezen 6.5 It has a smooth draw with a little hump at the end but its not bad IMHO. Had some vibration but not much at all and all that was fixed with a stabilizer and a STS now its dead in the hand. I also shot a Hoyt AM 32, Bowtech Admiral, and a PSE xforce but overall i choose the Matthews. Im a short draw archer so i was looking for a speed bow and at 26inch DL, 70lb DW, and a tad over 360grain total arrow weight it crono's at 295-300. That is right were it should be considering IBO of 340 with a 30inch draw. Very impressive for a single cam bow that is pleasurable to shoot! I put on a QAD HD pro series rest,STS, Apex Nitrus 6pin sight,Apex MQX Nano Quiver, limbsavers Scoil stabilzer, and some Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 250's. Couldnt be happier or more excited for the up coming bow season!

I made a trip to Archery Country in St. Cloud this past weekend to shoot a couple bows and ended up coming home with a Matthews Reezen 6.5 It has a smooth draw with a little hump at the end but its not bad IMHO. Had some vibration but not much at all and all that was fixed with a stabilizer and a STS now its dead in the hand. I also shot a Hoyt AM 32, Bowtech Admiral, and a PSE xforce but overall i choose the Matthews. Im a short draw archer so i was looking for a speed bow and at 26inch DL, 70lb DW, and a tad over 360grain total arrow weight it crono's at 295-300. That is right were it should be considering IBO of 340 with a 30inch draw. Very impressive for a single cam bow that is pleasurable to shoot! I put on a QAD HD pro series rest,STS, Apex Nitrus 6pin sight,Apex MQX Nano Quiver, limbsavers Scoil stabilzer, and some Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 250's. Couldnt be happier or more excited for the up coming bow season!

Uhmmmm, you know you can't talk about a new bow without pictures don't you?

Man Rule.

No it wasnt a cheap day at all. I guess my thing is if im going to use a bow for 10 years i want something that is going to make me happy. Plus knowing how good Matthews customer service is sure makes me smile knowing i will have the bow for some time.

Just think how far we've come - 26" draw length and you're shooting almost 300 fps. I used to think that would just make me miss faster, but fortunately they are making the bows better shooting as well. Have fun!

ps: don't worry, Mathews is still the innovative leader. PSE just beat them to the punch on the speed thing