• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar suit

D4 Army

Question

Arctic Armor is only about $200 for the whole suit? I have the Vex Cold Snap Gear and love it. I haven't been cold in it since I got it 3 years ago. I wish there was elastic on the boot cuffs and thicker neoprene in the knees, but other than that, it has worked out just as I expected.

Great outerwear for the money. Have had one of these suits for over a year now, and was impressed with its warmth and durability. I wear this along with Ice Armor throughout the season. Both get my nod for being great outerwear for the diehard ice head.

I am very happy with my Vex suit. Keeps me very warm and dry, love the padded knees.

Got a great deal on the Last year Fleet Farm had a great sale on them early in the season. I picked up the jacket last year for 1/2 off.

I've had the bibs for 2 seasons now and really like them! My only complaint is they are not fully water proof so in the spring in the slush you do get a little wet but they are good enough for staying dry while drilling holes. they are nice and lite and cut the wind well. I wear sweats under them and don't think i've ever been cold.

I got the bibs a few weeks ago and I lvoe it. Fished out in the rain, the sun, the wind, and looking forward for it be on the ice. It has kept my bottom half dry and warm and comfy. It's just a great deal espeically for the price. If you're looking for some safety however, i recomend AA...as they can float you.

Unfortunetly, my fishing funds have ran out for the year and I won't be able to get the parka this season frown

One other comment on the Vex suit. The first bibs I purchased had a problem with the suspender buckle not staying locked in.

I called vexilar, they switched it out with no questions asked or reciept. Great customer service.

oo you have that issue too Nclaker...thanks for letting me know they'll fix it laugh

Loos, looks like you live in Bloomington. If you didn't know already, Vexilar is located just a little further down 494 from where you are. Just give them a call and ask if you can stop down to have it taken care and confirm they have it in stock at their office. I did the same, stopped at their office and they had me just grab a new set from their store.

If they did any updates since owning your, mayb you will get lucky and get a pair with the updates grin

I have the ColdSnap II Vex suit and love it. The lining inside helped me eleminate a layer of fleece, where I used to wear two layers under the Ice Armor blue suit. The black material really helps you keep warm as well.

I'm wondering if I can wear the parka out in the Rain. It says water resistent...but will it get drenched eventually?

My bibs did stay dry during rain...

My upper body gets cold really easily,especailly in the wind...also wondering if the parka keeps the wind out.

or am i better off with AA?

The Ice Armour is a warm suit. It never kept me totally dry in the rain. Arctic Armour is also warm, but in a heavy rain, it keep me dry but it did soaked up alot of the rain. Tha Arctic Armour will also float one if they fall into the water so my vote hands down would be the Arctic Armour.

I do believe both suits are water resistant but not water proof.

I would not think that any Ice fishing suit is intended be a rain coat, they are designed for snow and cold. The Vex's (and probably most), are more than fine for withstanding light and/or breif rain duty. But if your intent is to use outside in a heavy soaking rain, You may be better off getting a rain suit.

The Vex coat does keep the wind out. Like other posts haved mentioned, they keep you plenty warm.