• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Joe Mauer Wins Gold Glove Award

Wildabeast

Quote:
Twins catcher Joe Mauer was awarded his first American League Gold Glove on Thursday. Mauer’s .997 fielding percentage in 2008 ranked first among all American League catchers. He committed just three errors in 886 total chances while making a career-high 134 starts behind the plate. Mauer also won his second AL batting title in 2008 by finishing the year with a .328 average.

1998 would be the year and the player was Bernie Williams from NYY. He won the batting title, gold glove and a WS ring all in the same year.

Last night I was having burgers and beers with Joe's grandparents and asked Jake if he heard the news about Joe and he said what news. So I told him that he won a gold glove and you should of seing his face light up when I said that. he said he doesn't even know if Joe know's because he has ben in Puerto Rico for the last week in a 1/2.